The Incredible Music Thread

saw him last year, marcus king and margo price were the openers - great show!

I’m a little sad right now.

We discovered Yacht Rock Radio earlier this summer. Kinda cheesy, the shtick and all, but it was all smooth rock from the 70s and 80s. I mean, if Chuck Mangione ever made you feel so good, or if you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, even if you just wanted to introduce your kids to a little Christopher Cross (who doesn’t want that?), it was perfect! It wasn’t all cheese either, with goodly amounts of Steely Dan and some Pure Prairie League and the like.

Not gonna lie, for various reasons (parents, where I worked) that is an era/genre of music I grew up on. That, and my brother just got a boat (33 footer counts as a motor yacht, right?) so we had fun with that aspect.

Noticed yesterday Yacht Rock Radio was replaced with Love. Now, as McCartney observed....you’d think that people would have had enough of silly love songs but I look around me (and the Sirius dial) and I see it isn’t so....but I’m not cool with Sirius trying to fill the world with silly love songs at the expense of Yacht Rock Radio!

Boo Sirius, boo!!!

I got old man YRR bookmarked on my radio too. I just got out of the car and it was still there.

I’m a little sad right now.

We discovered Yacht Rock Radio earlier this summer. Kinda cheesy, the shtick and all, but it was all smooth rock from the 70s and 80s. I mean, if Chuck Mangione ever made you feel so good, or if you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, even if you just wanted to introduce your kids to a little Christopher Cross (who doesn’t want that?), it was perfect! It wasn’t all cheese either, with goodly amounts of Steely Dan and some Pure Prairie League and the like.

Not gonna lie, for various reasons (parents, where I worked) that is an era/genre of music I grew up on. That, and my brother just got a boat (33 footer counts as a motor yacht, right?) so we had fun with that aspect.

Noticed yesterday Yacht Rock Radio was replaced with Love. Now, as McCartney observed....you’d think that people would have had enough of silly love songs but I look around me (and the Sirius dial) and I see it isn’t so....but I’m not cool with Sirius trying to fill the world with silly love songs at the expense of Yacht Rock Radio!

Boo Sirius, boo!!!

that's funny

Back