The Garage Thread: Tractors and UTVs

@gorgonzola, how much do you have between car and wall?
how much do I have or how much would I like? (twss!?)

Right now I have about 20" - can't even open the passenger door :(. There's a folding table and some drywall / plywood leaning against the wall with a pair of old skis mounted above with hooks for bag coolers, beach bags, back packs etc.

If I had the space between the cars per you current design my garage would ultimately get cluttered with stuff - project & yard/garden materials & tools, fishing/hiking/biking/skiing/XCD equipment/drying etc. I'd much rather have it out of the way against the wall with hangers & shelves. My retirement dream is to ski/bike/hike/fish half the day and spend the other half puttering around in the garden/building shit.

Space is valuable, how do you plan on utilizing the space between the cars?

Space is valuable, how do you plan on utilizing the space between the cars?

My plan was to junk it up so bad the entire building was unusable. Apparently, I'm open to other ideas.

I did some internet research. :geek:

3 feet is considered comfortable between two cars.

The building is 28' wide, interior dimension is 27' (with 2x6 walls).

This is what I came up with:

Interior dimension = side margin + garage door width + middle space + garage door width + side margin
27’ = 3.75’ + 8’ + 3.5’ + 8’ +3.75’

That would increase the side spaces from 2'8" to 3'9".

Actually I guess I could have gone to:

27’ = 4’ + 8’ + 3’ + 8’ + 4’

Because cars aren't as wide as garage door. On the other hand with that setup you WOULD have 4+ feet BECAUSE cars aren't as wide as garage doors.

Honestly I don't like hanging bikes on the wall. I mean I love it when they are hung for the winter, but putting them up there, is kind of vexing.

This is what I was looking at.

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 12.53.29 PM.png

Looks like I was actually using the exterior dimension, so I over estimated the side margins on the current design.

Should be 2'2" not 2'8".

right, 6'-6"+/- between the cars :geek: All I'm sayin' is if it were me I'd kick the man door to house side to make better use of the 3'6"

Back