The Garage Thread: Tractors and UTVs

I think it would be about the same

View attachment 16682

There is some grade that could affect the side door. The main door is a story above the side door, the bottom of the stairs is at the same grade.
I had to wait till I got home to look at it and figure out what you were saying. I read it quick at work and was like what the heck is he taking about.

I think it would be about the same

View attachment 16682

There is some grade that could affect the side door.

The main door is a story above the side door, the bottom of the stairs is at the same grade.
Frankly, knowing your property and the layout of your flags for house and garage, why not have them connected?
Move house a little forward, garage as basement , save the money spent on dynamite blowing up that slab.
Front deck over part of garage , radiant heat garage and first floor.
And I am half done with the trees.

Harv, this book may be useful for ya albeit it’s a tad old.
Homing Instinct
I bought it a while back & could drop it off for ya somewhere snowy sometime if ya want.
It’s helpful.
The dude came out with another book too which would be also helpful for ya.

Frankly, knowing your property and the layout of your flags for house and garage, why not have them connected?
Move house a little forward, garage as basement , save the money spent on dynamite blowing up that slab.
Front deck over part of garage , radiant heat garage and first floor.
And I am half done with the trees.
I always forget how rocky it is up there when digging. We have rocks here in CNY, but nothing the size of a house like you can run into up in the ADK.

Our place is rockier than most. It's at 1900 ft on a ridge line. If I did the sensible thing - put the house next to the road, it probably would certainly be simpler. Damn flatlanders.

Ed, as we previously discussed, I'll move the house, but I'll need you to put back those trees you dropped.

I always forget how rocky it is up there when digging. We have rocks here in CNY, but nothing the size of a house like you can run into up in the ADK.
Adirondacks rocks are different and harder.

There’s a huge limestone rock that runs east-west across The Upstates several miles south of the existing thruway..
The last glaciers beat it up quite a bit.
Folks built walls and houses out of em around the area.

Think Finger Lakes too. The southern finger lakes region has big rocky gorges.

Back