The Garage Thread: Tractors and UTVs

Would it be easier to walk into from the house with a side door?
It may sound crazy but it would be safer too. Stepping in front of an open door without realizing an inexperienced teenage driver has already started backing out is actually an easy mistake to make

What width are the garage doors? Who knows down the road you may want a full size truck , they have wide mirrors.

It's in the hand of the engineer for drawings.

Currently there is no door on the back, but I'm told that could happen without much disruption. The other option is a second man door on the side you can't see, facing the house.
Can ya put the back corner into the side of a hill?
Ya could then have a little ramp to get stuff upstairs easily.
The Geothermal thingy

This is a great thread.Thought about how I'm going to do my set up when I do my set up. Im now thinking skid steer with tracks. It will be the work horse of the property and the attachments are endless. My buddy has one and I've used it multiple times. It's pretty handy

This is a great thread.Thought about how I'm going to do my set up when I do my set up. Im now thinking skid steer with tracks. It will be the work horse of the property and the attachments are endless. My buddy has one and I've used it multiple times. It's pretty handy
They certainly are a great machine!

What width are the garage doors? Who knows down the road you may want a full size truck , they have wide mirrors.
I believe they are taller (1ft?) than standard so a tractor can get in, but I don't think they are wider than normal.

I really don't THINK I'm headed for a big truck. Hope not.

What was your thought process with the door in between the garage doors? Would it be easier to walk into from the house with a side door?
I think it would be about the same

house and garage

There is some grade that could affect the side door.

The main door is a story above the side door, the bottom of the stairs is at the same grade.

I would just kick the front door to the house side, would much rather have the usable space along the side wall than between the vehicles to hang bikes fishing poles tools etc

I would just kick the front door to the house side, would much rather have the usable space along the side wall than between the vehicles to hang bikes fishing poles tools etc
I look forward to seeing your barn!

Do I care about resale? I should.
Nah, it's for you and your family.
If you trust your builder and your architect then you're all good.
When I built my little shop (20x20) A-frame style, lots of people said I was crazy for doing it that way. My house is an A-frame so I wanted it to match. I liked it then and I still like it. Would I have changed things now that I'm in it and using it? Yep, but I'm sure Id feel that way no matter how I initially built it.

Back