The Fire and Rain and Smoke Thread

Today was 72, my full ride and it was much better than yesterday's 80.

I have a theory:

When AQI is improving, the woods take longer to clear up, as the trees inhibit air circulation and wind. While it was "80" last night maybe it was more in the woods.
Maybe you're on to something. 87 but looks much worse then when it was 181. In a valley surrounded by forests.

A little overnight nasty here in western NJ.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 6.58.56 AM.png

Lake Louise worker housing torched.
Very sad for those employees who were staying there and lost everything.

There is a GoFundMe.

The Banff-Canmore Community Fund also has an fundraising effort in progress. Not all the people staying at the building worked at Lake Louise, some worked at other local businesses.

Winds from the south = shit humidity and heat, winds from the north = shit air quality, haze and smoke. Far as I can tell this will be the pattern for a while.

Holy smokes it’s bad again.

Here in NNJ we are at 107 at 8:34am - considered unhealthy for sensitive groups and just above the yellow into the orange warning. Last night we were at 138 at 7pm.

Here in NNJ we are at 107 at 8:34am - considered unhealthy for sensitive groups and just above the yellow into the orange warning. Last night we were at 138 at 7pm.

Pretty much the same here. A little lower than that today.

Winds from the south = shit humidity and heat, winds from the north = shit air quality, haze and smoke. Far as I can tell this will be the pattern for a while.

I agree this is vexing.

Back