Tales from The Road

We had a Sienna once upon a time as well. A Silhouette before that. This Silhouette was shit. Broski....you got young’uns other than Junior? We ditched minivans once we had no more car seats and less kids shit.

Last edited:
even nicer than our sienna was a '93 mercury villager (re-badged nissan quest), was nervous about buying a model year but that thing was great in the snow, was badass as far as mini vans go lol

1993-95_Mercury_Villager.jpg

even nicer than our sienna was a '93 mercury villager (re-badged nissan quest), was nervous about buying a model year but that thing was great in the snow, was badass as far as mini vans go lol

View attachment 7928

With those things, both the Villager or the Quest, you either got a good one or a bad one. We had a customer once that took delivery of a brand new Quest. About a week after delivery she was complaining of a clunking noise. Come to find out the top strut bearing was missing off the pass side, as in never installed from the factory! It was crazy.

Dudes. For realz? Start your own mini-van thread. This is Tales from the Road!

We had a Sienna once upon a time as well. A Silhouette before that. This Silhouette was shit. Broski....you got young’uns other than Junior? We ditched minivans once we had no more car seats and less kids shit.
Two boys. Honestly I’m still pretty far away from buying a new car and I’m not committed to a minivan at all. The logical thing would be to buy a truck but I don’t want a full size and all the compact trucks have morphed into midsized trucks and increased in price. I almost replaced my Colorado with another Colorado but when I really broke it down, for me at least, the Pilot that I already had with the seats folded was more useful as a truck then a Colorado with a five foot bed.
If GM could get their shit straight to bring back the Astro without ruining its basic qualities, it would be easy. I’d buy a new Astro or Safari in an instant. A modern AWD Astro would be ideal.

When push comes to shove, it might just be a new Pilot but that’s pretty lame too. I don’t see a substantive difference between an SUV and a minivan, except that the van gives you more room to spread out a sleeping bag.
The other frustrating thing is that in Europe, you can buy a Ford Transit/Tourneo Custom AWD which is sized between the full size and the transit Connect, just a hair bigger then an Astro. That would be ideal too but we can’t have them here.

Hey Camp, how come I don’t see any passenger NV200s on the Nissan lot? An NV200 with removable bench seats would be pretty useful

Hey Camp, how come I don’t see any passenger NV200s on the Nissan lot? An NV200 with removable bench seats would be pretty useful

Most of those things come in and go out quickly
Not a high volume unit so they don't make shit-tons of them to begin with
Nice van, with a good price point

Back