Sweet Cars and Trucks

I'm somewhat amazed that there are two separate economies going on. I guess when the inventory of desirable vehicles is low dealers feel like even if they lose some sales, they can still sell everything they are getting?
This is true --- greed, will alienate customers, and they won't ever forget it. Metro areas dealers will see enough people that they literally don't care about the deals they don't make, because they know the next one through the door will take it.

I know you are right. It makes the guys doing the right thing, that much more amazing.

I do think that once the manufacturers "catch up" and there are more cars available, the market forces should kick in.

IMO if they want to streamline the supply chain, you are going to end up with fewer colors. Which is fine with me. As long as I don't have to buy white. Give me a dark green or dark blue.

Artificial scarcity won’t work long term. Hyundai or Kia or one of the others will come up with a good car at a lower price and take enough market share to convince the big guys to compete on price again

You mean how many unsold cars are in the lot at any moment?
Yes, exactly. When we had MASSIVE inventory levels manufactures had to incentivize their product for it to move. That cost boatloads of $$$. I think the days of going to a dealer and finding exactly what you want in stock are long gone. A happy medium will be found, one of which should benefit everyone.

20230519_165717.jpg

Cruise Night 2023

Back