Sweet Cars and Trucks

I have a neighbor who has had a notchback Monza on blocks in his driveway for the last 20 years. I think the town made him cover it with a tarp. I wonder what he's waiting for. I've never even seen one of those made into a drag car. At this point even the part out value must be zero.

mm

Had a turn of the century Nissan Frontier 5speed with 4WD.
She was a black beast.
We carried a little fishin boat in the back along with a small Sea King ~5HP antique outboard.
We caught a lot of fish with that set up.
Put >300K miles on her and it still ran but the original clutch was goin, along with a little transmission leak.
Gave it to my brother, who never drove it, & sold it to a couple “Russians" for cash on Craigslist.
She most likely saw some action overseas ...

These no mileage purchases just bum me out. I do not doubt the value, but why bother? Just to shove the thing in some garage? The investment angle is dubious compared to other investment choices. This one is just some run of the mill PU. Seems silly. I would rather drive it.
I know. It's crazy. But it brought $43,000, that's insane to me, but that's why auctions are so cool. All it takes is the right 2 buyers then you can sit back and watch. Pure entertainment.

These no mileage purchases just bum me out. I do not doubt the value, but why bother? Just to shove the thing in some garage? The investment angle is dubious compared to other investment choices. This one is just some run of the mill PU. Seems silly. I would rather drive it.
I can’t speak for the 84 but I had an 81 . The ride was horrible it had a full front axle and leaf springs I got rid of it after only a couple years. They were notorious for rust around the wheel wells.

Good article
That was a fun article. Today, you can get basic sedans with 200-300+ hp, sometimes more than the muscle cars of golden era of muscle cars.

Back