Sweet Cars and Trucks

Please sign the petition

I searched high and low for the worst reviews I could find. I had to sift through dozens of 2 to 5 star reviews to find these 1 star beauties. They made me laugh so hard:

Clear free of this lemon! - 1996 Chevrolet Astro
By Heidi - January 13 - 9:57 pm

This van has been nothing but a money pit from the day we bought it used. We have had to replace the water pump, full transmission, repair AC, CV joints on front end, muffler fell off, battery, alternator and starter (all in the last three years). The driver side door hinge is falling off and the windows does not work. Horribly noisy on the inside. Save your money for a Toyota!

Worst Vehicle we have ever owned! - 1996 Chevrolet Astro
By Elby62 - February 17 - 4:30 pm

We paid $10,000 for this in 2002 and it had 50,000 miles on it. For the price and mileage you would expect a decent vehicle. However this van broke down constantly. It has cost us thousands extra in repairs, including a new transmission. Broke down out of state leaving us stranded hundreds of miles from home. Twice. Don't buy this van! A bad, bad, bad vehicle. Horrible experience to own. The torsion bar broke on it, twice. Same thing happened to my friend. The torsion bar broke while I was driving on a crowded interstate at 70mph, on a bridge, with no place to pull over. All my children were in the van. We are lucky that I did not panic and that we didn't wreck. Horrible!

What a Farse - 1998 Chevrolet Astro
By Astrotrash - August 13 - 2:00 am

This van has been lousy since the get go. At 16,000 miles, it died on the freeway. The catalytic converter, oxygen sensor and fuel pump needed replacing. It has broken down numerous times. The fuel pump has been replaced twice, rear AC twice and on and on and on. The cabin had an unlocated water leak which caused the carpet and padding to saturate and produce mold. GM Customer relations had to be brought in to mediate. After paying for new padding and having it happen again, we finally just removed it and put it back in place when we traded the ridiculous thing in. It rides like a mattress suspended on beach balls. First and LAST GM experience.

HOPELESS....OH BOY - 2003 Chevrolet Astro
By LEE1 - November 21 - 2:00 am

HOPELESS, EXPENSIVE, HIGH RESIDUAL VALUE, LOW RESELL VALUE, HIGH MAINTAINANCE, HIGH GAS CONSUMTION, UGLY DESIGN

Or a really spacious AWD minivan with removable seats in back, something between the size of the old Mazda MPV and the Chevy Astro
Had a 5 speed caravan 2nd year the things came out.
Wind er up b4 going up long hills.
Put a couple hundred thousand miles on it.
Not 4wd but good tires on it kept ya goin and stoppin.
The thing changed automotive design for the masses and made Lee some fame & $.

Correct me if I’m wrong
But the 911 only comes on automatic now
Manuals are fine in small doses

It doesn't matter. Manual is more fun to drive and keeps you engaged in the process of driving. Unless you drive in an urban environment with traffic jams, it is not so much fun.
I like bolt action too. I had a V8 F150 bolt action that I loved. It was a 4spd with a granny gear, in 4 low that thing would pull a house over

Although empathetic with the reviewers, I wonder if they did enough caveat emptoring prior to buying a used car.

I like bolt action too. I had a V8 F150 bolt action that I loved. It was a 4spd with a granny gear, in 4 low that thing would pull a house over
“Upgraded" from a bicycle to a 67 chevy pickup to get around while at Ole Miss in the late 70s.
3 on the tree with a 327 engine and bucket seats. Two toned powder blue with white cab we touched up occasionally with exterior white house paint. Passenger door flew open at times so had it wired shut. Wanted to fit in.
Sold it and kept the 2 seats and diehard battery which was given it to another grad student as a wedding present as he needed one for his van.
Fond memories and fun times with that piece of shit truck.

Back