Sweet Cars and Trucks

For the love of God, bring back the manual transmission for the Outback.

Nobody buys them. The CRV (my car the last 4 models) phased it out several years ago. Not as hard to swallow because the auto get good (better) mileage.

That thing looks fun for sure. You really want to impress me? let’s see a new Brat based on the Impreza chassis. That would be cool.
Or a really spacious AWD minivan with removable seats in back, something between the size of the old Mazda MPV and the Chevy Astro

You just described the Subaru Baja. Great car that subie never should've discontinued.
Yeah but they didn’t fully commit to the concept. The phony roll bars don’t impress me. I want a two door with the rear facing seats in the bed
edit: I don’t plan on putting passengers in the bed but I’ll strap a carseat back there when I go to the grocery store

Last edited:
Nobody buys them. The CRV (my car the last 4 models) phased it out several years ago. Not as hard to swallow because the auto get good (better) mileage.

It doesn't matter. Manual is more fun to drive and keeps you engaged in the process of driving. Unless you drive in an urban environment with traffic jams, it is not so much fun.

It doesn't matter. Manual is more fun to drive and keeps you engaged in the process of driving. Unless you drive in an urban environment with traffic jams, it is not so much fun.

Hey I never would have switched if they kept making them. It was tough for me because my last stick had a lower EPA MPG than the auto. The CRV auto I have now is insane. 32 MPG lifetime for 70k miles.

Your point about engagement is legit. But the other side is that if I hit traffic on Sunday night, I get home far more relaxed with the cvt.

When we move to Adk we'll have a Toyota 4wd pickup and something with AWD for the Mrs. I assume both with be auto trans.

Back