Sweet Cars and Trucks

Eat your hearts out, NJ State Police.

lambo-2.jpeg
lambo-1.jpg

Last edited:
In other news about outlandishly useless and expensive vehicles, I saw a McLaren 570S on the way to my dad's yesterday. It is indeed a sad state of affairs when you're driving something like that at a sedate speed.

https://cars.mclaren.com/us-en/sports-series/570s
I always prefer to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I'd rather drive a Yugo at 85 than a McLAren at 55.

mm

I always prefer to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I'd rather drive a Yugo at 85 than a McLAren at 55.

mm
When I was a kid, I really had no boundaries in this regard. I got pulled over by a trooper up north in my first gmc safari. He was so mad, he couldn’t speak clearly. Just took my paperwork and went back to his car. After 15 or 20 minutes another car showed up with 2 guys in it. One of them came up to the window and extracted a promise from me to plead guilty if they wrote me a ticket for 85 in a 55. He said they could rescind it and re-issue the ticket for my real speed at any time. I still don’t know how fast I got that van going. The speedometer only went to 85. It was already pinned when the transmission shifted into top gear

When I was a kid, I really had no boundaries in this regard.
Me too. When I was 17, I buried the needle on my father's Chrysler on the Seaford-Oyster Bay Espressway. A few weeks later my friend Chet rolled his GTO over in the same spot. It was a miracle he survived that.

I almost rolled over my mother's Corvair the first day I had my license too.

Good times.

mm

Back