Surfs Up

CEB19EC7-5A7E-4669-98C4-2E4D313C4B88.jpeg

Looks like another 3 star day at Marconi!

Attachments

• B55B8A15-0DCA-4EAC-BD82-7CEF9311BE11.jpeg
    B55B8A15-0DCA-4EAC-BD82-7CEF9311BE11.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Surf is big at Chatham right now

Surf is big at Chatham right now
Yeah. Hard to imagine a better November day at the beach. Actually looking forward to smaller waves tomorrow, just not good enough (yet) to take advantage of bigger surf.

Yeah. Hard to imagine a better November day at the beach. Actually looking forward to smaller waves tomorrow, just not good enough (yet) to take advantage of bigger surf.
Saturday was stunning
Got a coffee and egg sandwich at chatam cook wear went to the lighthouse

Not sure how often you head up toward the Marconi area. If you find yourself up there find PB Boulangerie, a mile north of Marconi at the beginning of the road that leads to White Crest. Really cute place overall…..but the bacon, egg, and cheese on croissant is the best you’ll ever have. The croissant is legit and buttery, the egg and cheese component is a light, fluffy Gruyère omelette that would be great on its own, and the bacon is plentiful and crisp. You enjoy it all in a setting that feels like a small cafe in the French countryside. I can’t believe we’ve been going up there all these years and just found it Columbus Day weekend. That’s what happens when you have even just a little time to explore!

Another spectacular day on the Cape. Waves weren’t all that much smaller today but the surf was much cleaner and the period was longer, which made for a much better day of surfing. Crowds were out today, had to be 20+ people whereas yesterday I saw 3.

Now that my ski season is officially over for the year (barring any weird, unforeseen circumstances) it's time for me to shift my gaze to the Cape and surfing. Marconi was one of the spots where I learned to surf a long time ago and I'm always down to talk surf. You can find me on Great Pond in Eastham on my prone paddleboard a lot of the summer getting my shoulders in shape for hurricane season on the east coast.

I just checked the Santa Monica surf forecast for next week. Headed out to visit our daughter in LA and I should be able to get a morning in. No skiing, unfortunately. While I haven’t given up on skiing yet (perhaps a late April/early May trip west?) it will soon be time to set sights on the Cape!!

I just checked the Santa Monica surf forecast for next week. Headed out to visit our daughter in LA and I should be able to get a morning in. No skiing, unfortunately. While I haven’t given up on skiing yet (perhaps a late April/early May trip west?) it will soon be time to set sights on the Cape!!

Spring is kind of a weird time for California surf. The northern hemi weather cycle is breaking up and the southern hemi hasn't quite fully formed yet. Looks like there'll be some swell though, I hope you get some. Where's your spot on the Cape? We've got a place in Eastham so that's where I spend most of my time.

Back