Summer Weather 2023

Last edited:
My dad and I were just talking about this. :(

My barn owner's son decided to install coal burning stoves for heat, right when I was changing to solar for electricity. It was maddening.
I know that none of our experiences are scientific but having lived in the same general area for 40 years give or take a handful of years for college and a one year job, I am shocked at how different the climate feels on Long Island. I didn't want to go outside today after 10 a.m.

It's crazy to me how localized the rain has been. On Sunday I could hear the thunder coming from the persistent line of storms 15 miles west, but it really only rained for about an hour here. Parts of the state are still either drier then normal or in a mild drought:

We just got hammered here, nothing too crazy.
It's crazy to me how localized the rain has been. On Sunday I could hear the thunder coming from the persistent line of storms 15 miles west, but it really only rained for about an hour here. Parts of the state are still either drier then normal or in a mild drought:

Up until a week ago we we're bone dry, and under a drought warning. We've dodged all the heavy rains, for once, and my pond is full again. We received much needed rain. The corn is looking good

Heavy rain, thunder and lightning from 2 till just now up here. Crazy how many hard storms that we have had since the drought in the early summer. Probably got 1.5" of rain this afternoon with the storm layers that pushed through and the last one was a doozy with multiple blips of power from an amazing lightning display with heavy percussion thunder and torrential rain⚡⛈️☔

Had some hail earlier in North Creek. Everything is flowing like April. Went kayaking on Schroon lake earlier today, my first time there, very beautiful lake, the water level was super high. We were wadding in 2-3 feet of water where supposedly it's usually dry beach.

Back