Summer Weather 2023

Man, oh man. I used to think living in the northeast was safe because no wildfires, mudslides, or earthquakes
no place is safe...fun fact there have been a few deadly northeastern earthquakes, over the last 100 or so years..

no place is safe...fun fact there have been a few deadly northeastern earthquakes, over the last 100 or so years..
Roller skiing by Picatinny Arsenal for decades, the only earthquakes I've felt are when they test a bunker-buster sized munition.

Seriously there have been mild earthquakes in Morris County but I haven't felt them.

Roller skiing by Picatinny Arsenal for decades, the only earthquakes I've felt are when they test a bunker-buster sized munition.

Seriously there have been mild earthquakes in Morris County but I haven't felt them.
Have had several mild quakes in NNY and Canada .
True story when I was in graduate school in my mid 30s and going for weekend classes we had a beautiful black lab named Thor he was huge and had a habit of jumping on our bed early in the morning.

Well one Early Saturday morning the bed began to shake pretty good in my sleep induced haze I yelled damn it Thor get off the bed :)

When I came to I looked down and he was nowhere to be found. It was a damn quake ! ;)and old Thor was on the first floor.

Last edited:
image.png

First snow/mixed precip of the year in the Sierras showing up on the models.

Vaguely recall a couple instances of late season New England hurricanes causing snow at high elevations.

Supposed to go down to 38F in Saranac Lake tonight.
A few more months and it’ll skiing time.

Back