Spring Weather 2023

I had a ticket booked leaving tonight for SLC but cancelled it earlier this week because conditions the next few days will be shite. I’ll book again at the end of the month, most likely, and hope to catch a storm or full on spring conditions.
Yep, completely frozen everywhere until it snows again next week. Alta opted to stayed closed early on. Snowbird finally decided at lunch time not to open. SB was only trying to open the Tram, Wilbere, and Gadzoom 9am-2pm. There was zero visibility in the morning because of fog and snow, plus wind. With temps in the 20s and going down, the snow surface was totally frozen everywhere.

A couple people in my alumni group who got stuck in SLC April 10-13 instead of Alta Lodge went to Deer Valley yesterday. Called it "scratchy" and have low expectations for Alta before they head back to Albany on Sunday, April 16. They are advanced skiers who work at North Country School, used to be in Vermont, and ski Whiteface as a home mountain now. They made it to AL for dinner after the LCC road opened at 6:30pm.

A few of the AL folks, including myself and my daughter, went for a walk on snow yesterday afternoon. Not allowed to walk on the road, but not an Interlodge situation. Getting down the Alta Lodge tow hill was the hardest. Frozen groomed tracks with perhaps a half-inch of new snow. I'd call it dust on ice. One of my NCS classmates walked up to the top of Sunnyside.

We saw a broken deck on one of the condo buildings in the Powder Ridge area.
Alta broken deck 14Apr2023 - 1.jpeg

They must be making a fortune

5:46pm, Wappingers Falls, NY (LOHUD)…..still 91 degrees and baking sun. This shit keeps up and it’s gonna be a bad fire season in NY!

It’s time for a Blood Orange Mule.

5:46pm, Wappingers Falls, NY (LOHUD)…..still 91 degrees and baking sun. This shit keeps up and it’s gonna be a bad fire season in NY!

It’s time for a Blood Orange Mule.
Rockland is a blaze

Back