Song Conditions

Oh hell yas ,I totally agree. Getting up driving 75 minutes, schlepping shit across frozen lots is a major PIA .I got me one of them wheeled boot m other chit bags and it's still a pain
It’s only ~1/3 of that time for me but yer still right.

Had to jump the car again yesterday, we’ll see if the dang car starts today...
I’d be ready for a horse draw sleigh about now if we had enough snow.
A buggy would work.

Song’s been blowing snow and gonna open top to bottom on Bali for tonight for skiing 4-9.
One of the boys went to peruse Lab and Song today and told me the ❄️ guns were blazing and the piles were getting pushed out. Attaboy(y)

Otto’s gettin some ❄️ ❤️
1705456480649.png

Skied Song this morning till before 1 with my new boards after picking up my pass.
I think it might be the latest start to a ski season for me even when I lived in Oxford Ms.
High 20s, no wind, flat light, no lines.
Did more turns than usual as was practicing with the new boards with braced knee.
The heavier old RTM’s may have been a better choice for the snow conditions. Dense groomed edgeable. No ice. There were lines of PP.
Lab may have been a better choice as it was open yesterday and most likely got more beat up then.
Good to be back outdoors skiing. The drive through the woods with the snow stuck to the trees was real pretty.
There were whales on Jupiter but they haven’t pushed em out yet.
Twas fun.

Last edited:
One of the weirder things about the short trip to go skiing yesterday was the dang smell from the dead skunk on the side of the road next to a field where a liquid manure truck was spreading in the Otisco Valley. No wind either.
Woulda pulled over and snapped a pic but it wasn’t a pleasant place at that time smell wise.
Once I went over the divide to Song ya couldn’t smell it anymore.
Vail sure ain’t gonna build their fancy hotels down there anytime soon.
Some friends unstuck a plugged line yesterday.
Wait for shit.
Just another real shitty Monday in The UpState...

Just another real shitty Monday in The UpState...
Twas a bluebird chalky ⛷️ beauty Tuesday.
First time skiing with one of the boys this season.
BSing on slow rides up on a chairlift is much better than BSing on a hand held device.
Lots of fun was had.
Took pics and will post later.
Might meet him again today or go Thursday.
Could get corny.

On the way to Song saw a big green dump truck with a shamrock on it’s door ☘️ across the stop sign so I stuck my arm and head out the window to give whoever was driving the rig a thumbs up. Twas the one who said, “Just another shitty Monday” with a big smile on his face... I had texted him earlier about his recent accomplishments^^^. I then new it was gonna be a good day as it was already off to a friendly coincidental start.

Only natural snow on the ground was at the highest elevations due to the unfortunate recent gacky-wet events.
IMG_0467.jpeg

Pulled in next to my friend who was finishing booting up. He was gonna use his new Dyna’s and I was gonna use my skis for the 2nd time so I took a pic.
IMG_0468.jpeg

Upon further inspections the dang top sheet dog hair should buff out.
IMG_0469.jpeg

Said hello to the lifties and we were off sharing stories of whatever we BS about which is most stuff. Told him I was gonna stop and take pics cause folks had asked and I had said I would.

At the top at the crack of 11:30 lookin toward The Otisco Valley with it’s little finger lake.
IMG_0470.jpeg

My blue skis paired well with the sky and we were off.
Practiced my turns on Sentimental Journey for a few runs.
A better view of the trail conditions, valley & lake & it’s causeway.
IMG_0472.jpeg

The horizontal darker blue above the horizon in the image^might be some kind of mirage from The Big O.
Who knows? That’s my guess.

Sometimes ya just gotta chat with yer favorite liftie.
IMG_0473.jpeg

We next lapped the blue Stormy Weather/Mixing Bowl loop a few times. Snow was similar to Sentimental unlike last week when it had cookies.
IMG_0475.jpeg

Tully Lake & part of upper Onondaga Valley in the distance on left.
IMG_0476.jpeg

Next we lapped the racing trail Chopsticks. It’s a favorite. Curves thru some woods to some wide open racing pitches. There’s a couple start houses with one being elevated for folks to use if they wanna get a quicker higher start.

Snow was more of the same edgeable chalk.
Lookin up to where it comes down thru the trees
IMG_0478.jpeg

A bit flatter before the racing nets starts
IMG_0479.jpeg

Lollipops, hydrant cover bucket with a racing shack on the trail on the other side of the patch of woods.
IMG_0480.jpeg

Part way down the 2 trails come together
Chopsticks.
IMG_0481.jpeg

Crossover.
IMG_0484.jpeg

Join for the bottom of Chopsticks. The runout is always fun.
The corn can get overcooked at times at the bottom though.
IMG_0483.jpeg

Did some more runs on all of those 3 trails (lather rinse repeat) and called it a day. Bali was in good shape with more folks skiing it than Chopsticks.

Longest liftline we had all day.
IMG_0474.jpeg

View of Chopsticks from the road.
IMG_0486.jpeg

Sentimental comes in on the lower right.

Stopped in at Huega’s for an Allagash White on tap that paired nicely with some sweet tater fries.
It hit the spot.
Had good conversations with the other folks enjoying a beautiful winter afternoon on the patio.

Back