Question for Single Mountain Season Pass Holders

Harvey

Administrator
I got a random IG message today from someone who'd read that Vail owned ORDA, and didn't understand why the ORDA hills weren't on the EPIC Pass.

(Gee I wonder where they got that idea, LOL.)

This person thought it would be great to have those mountains on a cheap pass.

I'm a "regular" season pass holder at Gore and Plattekill. I thought NO WAY do I want that. So I guess I am saying, I don't want my pass price to drop and dozens of other mountains to be included for that price.

Yea, that is what I am saying.

So I ask tradition single mountain pass holders, do you want your mountain to be part of Epic or Ikon?

If your mountain is already part of a mega pass, are you happy with the change?

I have a suspicion I might be in the minority.

Last edited:
No f’n way
Diversity is key

If I'm in the market for a pass the multiple mountain is more appealing.

I probably should have made this a poll, but I feel like you get more opinion this way.

@Ripitz don't understand your answer.

Here’s a radical dea: abolish multi passes and season passes both- entirely. One price for everybody, same every day, no discounts. Each mountain can figure out what they need to get to cover operating costs and get through the summer, maybe make a little bit of margin for the owners. Just be transparent and up front about it.

@Ripitz don't understand your answer.
Don’t get me started... as much as I bitch about ORDA I like that you can pick one mountain or all three. We’ve enjoyed Ski3 for a few years but this year we went single. The three mountains are spaced so that one of them will catch something if a pattern moves in. They got it right this year by giving pass holders preference and access to what they pay for. I can’t imagine having to deal with a reservation system. My friend has a place at Hunter and can’t buy a home mountain only pass anymore. Has to f around with reserving days and can’t use his place much as a result. Too many places going to the dark side (not a reference to Gore) If the Devil gobbles up Smug’s it will be a sad day for the ski world. I enjoy state run ski areas, Indy pass areas, independent areas that aren’t cool enough to be on the Indy pass and private ski areas. Options are good. I say no to the big box bullshit.

When ?

I understand now, I think. I don't really consider SKI3 a megapass.

Honestly SKI3 and Plattekill is a pretty good combo for me.

Here’s a radical dea: abolish multi passes and season passes both- entirely.
I don't think this would work. Maybe it would but why isn't anyone doing it?

Back