Quality Gloves for Skiing

I have used these cheap Head gloves from Costco for the past several years. I have two pair that I bring in case one gets damp. As warm, if not warmer, as anything I have used in the past and in the store they were ~$16.

I'm no help, I'm a mitten guy. They are warmer and I don't find I can use gloves for anything I can't use mittens for. I can't take pictures with gloves or mittens and mittens are much easier to take on and off. Plus you can put warmers in mittens.

I carry two pairs sometimes three if it's snowing. Buttbag is key. Love having dry mittens after lunch.

I can't even recommend a good brand. I use Gordini because they are available. I buy a new pair every year.
I have no bias against mittens! In my mind I think of the two interchangeably. Maybe I would look at the ones that have some finger split for dexterity, or just go all in mitten as I do like to take pics while skiing.

I have used these cheap Head gloves from Costco for the past several years. I have two pair that I bring in case one gets damp. As warm, if not warmer, as anything I have used in the past and in the store they were ~$16.
Cool those look a bit like the heavier liner gloves I use under a glove or by their lonesome on not super cold days.

Mitten man here also, ski 90% of the time with convertible mittens, on real cold days I use a leather race mitten I purchased off a fellow on another ski site.
Ninja - convertible mittens!

Agree. Those mittens look bomber.
I've been impressed with the materials and construction so far. I've had a pair for at least 3 seasons. I love the removable liners that come in two different weights--one like a liner glove, the other is really seriously warm.

Just ordered a pair on ebay. $12.50. The gloves I have now are OK but I had a rebate gift card from getting an oil change and thought I'd give them a try.
The only thing that really gets cold on me is my hands. On cold days I use glove liners. They really seem to help. Sort of a layered approach for your hands.

Back