Protect The Adirondacks

I would go curling. I'm not certain a medal shed with frozen ice should cost 7 million but hey that's the state.
We can drink while we do that!

I’ve never understood the idea of a “park” with whole towns and thousands of permanent residents owning property within its borders. The actual “park”- in the sense that Yellowstone or Denali is a park- is much smaller than what they show on the map.
The Adirondacks can fit Yellowstone, Glacier, and Yosemite within it and have room to spare, and with a lot more lakes.
It is not a park, but rather as boundary line drawn in blue, and thus lies the quandary on the policies.

comments from the clowns that have nothing better to do but comment on every thread, and don't live here

I'll go first.

I’ve never understood the idea of a “park” with whole towns and thousands of permanent residents owning property within its borders. The actual “park”- in the sense that Yellowstone or Denali is a park- is much smaller than what they show on the map.
The historical context that led to the creation of the NY Adirondack Park is completely different than any national park. New England is completely different from the western states and Alaska when it comes to the cultural context of creating large parks. The only other state park from the same era that I can think of is the Mt. Greylock state park in western MA. However, that's a lot smaller and many of the private landholders had already moved on before the idea of a MA state park was pushed by local businessmen.

Cooked another big pot of chicken-stew-soup and stirred up that too, so I got that going for me. Dang multitasking.
Hope it's enough to share ;)

Back