Post Your Camp Pics

I’d like to see that interior too Harv. I love tiny houses.

y’all are real fancy.
This is what I call camp......
2AE6C6FC-721A-4067-9281-E82232036C2F.jpeg

This is really the only image I have. I haven't spent a lot of time taking pictures in there because you'd need a wide angle to get more. Since Neve was born we added a fence/gate thing around the fire for her. She's 14 now but it turns out to be very useful for drying mittens etc, so we kept it.

Small-Cabin-Interior.jpg

Actually I have a few others but they don't tell much more. I will look for them.

Will keep looking. Maybe more helpful, I could draw a floorplan, and take a picture of it. I did find this, more recent interior shot:

cabin-interior.jpg

To me the key points are TWO doors, front and back, and right or wrong, two sides are all windows. It's nice for light but there is very little room to keep anything.

You can see corner of the futon in the first interior pic above, that is also my bed. When it's the three of us, I sleep alone downstairs and tend the fire. It's a small stove and needs one stoke in the middle of the night to keep it from going out. Net effect I am always tired. Could replace the wood stove with propane, but Neve has been clear "that will ruin it." Getting propane up there would be simple either, the current driveway only comes within about 150-175 feet of the building.

The ladies share the bed upstairs. There really isn't much room up there, beyond the full size double bed that fits in that dormer. The ships ladder (stairs) work because it roughly follows the steep roofline which just barely makes enough head room for an average size person to get up there without thinking too hard about it.

You can't see it behind the ladder, but to the left of the two pictures you can see there is a nail with every day ticket wicket I ever skied. My day tickets area almost all awesome or powder days. When I go somewhere and buy (or finagle) a day ticket, there is a good reason.

That table, made out of leftover materials from the build... in winter we run it along the wall they way you see it there. In summer it sticks out from the wall (like a "T") to make room to keep my MTB inside from the rain. We also made end tables for the futon out of left over materials.

Under the main table is a storage box on wheels that we use for another eating surface, we roll it over to the futon. Inside it we keep extra blankets and the T4s (BC ski boots) that we use to ski on our land with our waxless Rossi BCs. They are leaning up against the other corner to the left of the door, so you can't see them. The old school Karhus you see in that shot we use for thin cover and to ski the groomed trails at Garnet Hill.

Originally there was just a step out front, but in the last few years we built a big deck that we really like. We sit out there and watch the sunset and cook out. Out back there is a narrow porch that goes the full width of the back. We pile wood there so I don't have to put my boots on if I need more wood at night.

The downstairs is 12 x 18' interior dimension. I am kind of OCD and every number has to a feng shui I can't explain. I might go insane if I built something from scratch that was 11' 5" x 19' 3 inches. Nuts huh. Even numbers for everything. The reason I was Harvey44 for years was because I think 4 (and 16) are perfect numbers. 4 is kind of the basic building block in my insane mind. I convinced myself to go to 18 on the length one night over some Knob Creek with the guy who built it. There was no power up there back then, he did the whole thing with a chain saw.

This is my happy place, 200 sq feet in a big piece of woods. When Neve was very little she told me if I built a proper house on our land I would "ruin it." Kind of interesting insight, I think she was 4 at the time. She may be right, but as of now that is our plan for 2024. I will have to delete my posts from this thread because the cabin will no longer be a camp, just an outbuilding — probably an art studio, with bunk beds for grandkids — to a mountain house.

A18 headquarters
We play a fair amount of pitch midday. Funny what you say about the deer this season, it’s been years since I’ve seen so many deer in the fields. Been hearing a lot less coyotes this year, sure that’s got something to do with it. We’ve taken 4 so far but like I said we don’t hunt hard anymore.
Nice. We're well into double digits, but we have a dedicated crew and hunt all day everyday. We've only gotten one coyote and it does seem like they are less in numbers this year. I also think last year's lack of snow help the deer population. That and it seems like there are fewer hunters than ever.

^^That place is awesome, sweet location with a great view of the valley:

view-of-the-valley.jpg

Camp and the guys and I were at the bar after skiing, and I was like bro, show me something. Something cool and local on a snowmobile. They put me on this sled, The Shocker, with Roach. It was quite an experience. Roach was like "look this is nothing to worry about as long as you lean with me. If you don't lean, we die."

?

bmw-snowmobile.jpg

The Shocker

This was our overnight and day time winter camping spot when my children where too young to hunt . They would hang out play games and torment me on the walk-in talkie while I tried to stay quiet in the woods. Annoying but still fun.

Over the last several years hunting took a backseat, vandals broke in and left doors open for birds and critters. Might fix it up next Summer

Attachments

• 5B75EB43-6C6A-4B6C-BB9D-F99A8B7935B3.jpeg
    5B75EB43-6C6A-4B6C-BB9D-F99A8B7935B3.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 308A8A13-1E94-48FA-A907-A5101D0CB175.jpeg
    308A8A13-1E94-48FA-A907-A5101D0CB175.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 29B35510-6234-46A8-8CF0-4E8781BC10A5.jpeg
    29B35510-6234-46A8-8CF0-4E8781BC10A5.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 76
Back