Poll: What is your mix of Peak vs Off Peak?

What is your mix of Peak vs Off Peak?

• 100% Weekends/Holidays

• 90% Weekends/Holidays

• 80% Weekends/Holidays

• 70% Weekends/Holidays

• 60% Weekends/Holidays

• 50% Weekends/Holidays

• 40% Weekends/Holidays

• 30% Weekends/Holidays

• 20% Weekends/Holidays

• 10% Weekends/Holidays

• 100% Weekdays/Non-Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are a fair number of older gents on here which probably impacts the stats. I have rotating days off with 2/7 being weekends and the ability to swap shifts. I love doing things when everyone else is at work, and while I like skiing with my kids, their busy schedules don't always line up with my weekend days off.
Used to take a lot of half days off and hit the local bumps to ski & courses to golf.
Bosses said my attitude improved. No doubt about it.

I was all weekday this year. Retired in 2018 @ 60 and got both knees replaced in October of 22. Got back on skies the last week of January. Was on tele gear all year but did all parallel turns initially and a few tele turns ( only to the left) later in the season. Hope/expect to be 100% for next season. Got 22 days in, all at Gore. Anyone else tele skiing after TKR?

a few tele turns ( only to the left)
1683922907793.jpeg

I am lucky. I’m retired from deskjob and get to teach skiing all week. Of course I teach on weekends and holidays but since I am available during off peak week days, those are most of my hours… and if nobody shows for that off peak session…. I ski. Note to everyone… take a group lesson at noon midweek, you’ll likely get a semi or private lesson.

Note to everyone… take a group lesson at noon midweek, you’ll likely get a semi or private lesson.
Only lesson I ever took was a freebie at Gore that came with a M-F season pass.
Took it toward the end of the day cause I figured we’d stop a lot. It was a 1 on1 lesson.
For starters he asked me to show him how I skied and then stop.
So I went 1/2 way down showcase and then stopped like he told me to do,
He told me to stop more often if I was gonna get a lesson from him,
Gave me some drills to practice. It was worth it.

Pretty much ski every weekend at Whiteface regardless of holiday or non-holiday ....if a holiday day is too busy, i head home but give it a shot none the less.

In the past I skied every Tuesday and Sunday. Tuesday's were obviously the best, and Sunday we skied until we couldn't find a lift with no line.

Now, being off on weekends I'll ski Sundays until the bar opens, but only days that I can't ride my sled. That, and I refuse to ski the WROD.

What is "WROD" ? - i'm never good with acronyms
White Ribbon of Death : usually found at the beginning of season when only one or two trails are open at best. People are forced to ski this because there isn't much else open

WRODs. are basically dust on crust or extremely iced up hard pack again usually found only at the beginning of the season.

Back