Poll: What is your mix of Peak vs Off Peak?

What is your mix of Peak vs Off Peak?

• 100% Weekends/Holidays

• 90% Weekends/Holidays

• 80% Weekends/Holidays

• 70% Weekends/Holidays

• 60% Weekends/Holidays

• 50% Weekends/Holidays

• 40% Weekends/Holidays

• 30% Weekends/Holidays

• 20% Weekends/Holidays

• 10% Weekends/Holidays

• 100% Weekdays/Non-Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
As a retired guy I'll mostly ski weekdays, but sometime I'll ski Saturday or Sunday-some to see my grandkids ski and sometimes I'll just go and keep my expectations low. Occasionally it's a pleasant surprise with good conditions and low crowds. On our 6 week IKON western tour, we've used Saturdays as a travel day, but have skied Sundays.
This is all great. I am going to stop liking because I will be like liking every post. Consider all posts below liked.

Mainly skiing weekdays because I work weekends in retail. @Brownski and I are in the same biz. Unfortunately, I'm good at what I do. Got two weekends off this winter, everything else MTW.

Interesting idea for a poll. I'm impressed how many people here are able to get out mid week. Do you think that is more a product of the type of person/skier attracted to talking about skiing on a NY centric blog all day or does that extend to the real world? I put down 90% but it's probably more like 95% weekend/holiday. If my knees and back hold up I aspire to one day lower that to somewhere in the 40-50% range :p

real world?
Numbers don't back that up.

Two things going on here.

More locals here than in the general ski population. And flatlanders here are harder core than the average flatlander.

Didn't research it, but pretty sure that is what is going on.

I’m somewhere between 80-90% weekends/holidays.

Boy, does it feel special to get out on a weekday with no crowds, though. You guys really live the good life.

Funny that no one said 50/50...

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 2.15.24 PM.png

Interesting idea for a poll. I'm impressed how many people here are able to get out mid week. Do you think that is more a product of the type of person/skier attracted to talking about skiing on a NY centric blog all day or does that extend to the real world? I put down 90% but it's probably more like 95% weekend/holiday. If my knees and back hold up I aspire to one day lower that to somewhere in the 40-50% range :p
There are a fair number of older gents on here which probably impacts the stats. I have rotating days off with 2/7 being weekends and the ability to swap shifts. I love doing things when everyone else is at work, and while I like skiing with my kids, their busy schedules don't always line up with my weekend days off.

Back