Pizza

We don’t have the Egg or any fancy oven at the moment. We use the propane grill with no stone. Our local bakery makes great dough. We roll it out into cool shapes and freeze them overnight. Put it right on the grill frozen for a little bit and then flip it over and put the sauce and toppings on. Freezing them keeps them from drooping down through the grate. No stone let’s you get a little crispy char going on the bottom. Sure there are better ways, but this way has been quick and easy for us with what we got
I don't like it as much when I can't pick a slice up with one hand. I order my pizzas burnt...

Gluten free and pizza shouldn’t be used in the same sentence

good thread boys
I’m sure that oven will make nice bagels too
The lady has an intolerance, harsh on my mellow but what can you do. Thought I could do a decent job with GF in the Ooni, even bought fancy Caputo gluten free flour that one of her favorite now closed Neapolitan places used to use. Apparently I'm not skilled enough to get it off the peel with out tearing and having it go up in flames...

Bagels are a real interesting idea, never gone down that road before but I'm sure it's worthwhile.

The lady has an intolerance, harsh on my mellow but what can you do. Thought I could do a decent job with GF in the Ooni, even bought fancy Caputo gluten free flour that one of her favorite now closed Neapolitan places used to use. Apparently I'm not skilled enough to get it off the peel with out tearing and having it go up in flames...

Bagels are a real interesting idea, never gone down that road before but I'm sure it's worthwhile.
Caputo make gluten free flour? Wow.
Tonight’s forays: a margherita and a pesto. Not the prettiest but ?

Attachments

• 58364FC5-144B-48AF-80AB-4D6EB3D54A99.jpeg
    58364FC5-144B-48AF-80AB-4D6EB3D54A99.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 0458D455-8DF1-478B-B962-B41B2AC58427.jpeg
    0458D455-8DF1-478B-B962-B41B2AC58427.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 58
That dough looks good and its certainly cooked well. Out of curiosity are you forming your dough balls before your cold ferment and then stretching/tossing right out of the fridge? That seems to help me keep things round, I don't think shape is a prerequisite for a good pie.

That dough looks good and its certainly cooked well. Out of curiosity are you forming your dough balls before your cold ferment and then stretching/tossing right out of the fridge? That seems to help me keep things round, I don't think shape is a prerequisite for a good pie.
Yes you’re right, this time I was working with a lump of about three dough balls and had to divide it up. Normally I wrap them separately, take them out and let them sit for 1-2 hours, then work them. They definitely are easier to shape that way.

Back