Pizza

I assume Broadway Joe’s was the winner in the end
Sadly we didn’t include Joe’s, though I’ve enjoyed many slices there. We were mainly going after full pie, Neapolitan style pizzas. Winner ended up being in Brooklyn actually

Classic homemade Margherita pizza: flour, water, yeast, mozzarella, tomatoes, olive oil, basil, and a pinch of salt. A minute to cook (at 900+ degrees), a lifetime to master.

Attachments

• 91511923-12E2-43BF-A583-672A0DF5798B.jpeg
    91511923-12E2-43BF-A583-672A0DF5798B.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 50
I messed around for the first time with my new Ooni oven today, I'm excited to finally be able to cook at these higher temps.View attachment 8713View attachment 8714
Congratulations!!! I have an Ooni too, an early pandemic purchase and probably the best thing to enter our house since our second kid.
If that’s your first pie, then I am super impressed. The shape and leopard spots look incredible. I am fortunate to live around the corner from an Italian grocer who makes fresh mozzarella every day.

The true test is to order a single slice. And not including the Bronx invalidates the entire thing. You’re gonna have to go back and start over.
Fair enough. A new bracket is in order, all five boroughs and maybe Jersey City too

I'm beyond elated to finally have something like this. I've been making pizza for a long time but have only used household ovens until now. I can walk to two pizza places from my house but have been less than impressed and was convinced the Ooni would have me making a better pie for myself. Sometimes I dream of a simpler life with a small pizzeria in a quiet mountain town...

I’m so happy for you. You made the right call. Like you I imagine, I was so tired of setting the oven to broil and dealing with the smoke alarm. (It also quickly pays for itself if you eat a lot of pizza, like we do.) The idea of a pizzeria in a small mountain town is enticing....

Back