Parking Lot Base Camp

Aren't they really the same person.
Aren’t we all really The same person? Like really deep down I mean? Don’t we all just want to be loved and appreciated for who we are? Deep down?
But no, Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino are not actually the same person. They have in fact been seen in the same room together. Don’t you remember the classic heist/shoot em up movie Heat?

I love the new parking lot gig. People in cars just pull out folding chairs, coolers, grills. Just like the patio only spaced out Covid style. I was there on one of the few bitter cold days and there were people in their chairs just really bundled up. Really wanted to go today but ?
Merry Christmas!

I've camped out in every car I've owned except the blue Subie. Re-reading @JohnGiuffo's tailgating piece... I have my Dad's 50-year-old Coleman 2-burner stove, which saved our bacon during the 10 day power outage several years ago. But I think I'd have to move up to a truck for tailgating.
Peter how cold did it get outside when you slept inside your car?

Peter how cold did it get outside when you slept inside your car?
In the car, hmmmm prolly the coldest was 15 degrees F, and that was a long time ago. Anymore, I'll camp in warmer weather and go for indoor lodging when it's cold.

Coldest I've ever camped out in a tent? January 1983 I think. Two nights running, -26.

Last edited:
In the car, hmmmm prolly the coldest was 15 degrees F, and that was a long time ago. Anymore, I'll camp in warmer weather and go for indoor lodging when it's cold.

Coldest I've ever camped out in a tent? January 1983 I think. Two nights running, -26.
-26........that’s gnarly, type 3 sort of “fun”.

-26........that’s gnarly, type 3 sort of “fun”.
Once I was in the sleeping bag, I was toasty. The biggest issue for me is transitioning, i.e. getting outta the sleeping bag and getting moving. One of those days, the high temperature was only -15, and the cause of some foot problems ever since.

Typical Adirondack weather: at the end of that w3eek, the high was 47. Like a 72 degree temperature swing.

Once I was in the sleeping bag, I was toasty. The biggest issue for me is transitioning, i.e. getting outta the sleeping bag and getting moving. One of those days, the high temperature was only -15, and the cause of some foot problems ever since.

Typical Adirondack weather: at the end of that w3eek, the high was 47. Like a 72 degree temperature swing.
I hate getting up and out of my sleeping bag once the night time lows are in the teens. It’s just not right, it ain’t human.

Christmas Eve morning apres - Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• BD327B45-DB7B-44B9-B73F-2058D7C9108B.jpeg
    BD327B45-DB7B-44B9-B73F-2058D7C9108B.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 98
Back