Palisades MTB Plug

Dude from Cedar Grove that fell off the cliffs at Mills
Dude from Cedar Grove that fell off the cliffs at Mills?
Yep
He said mtb was too dangerous and didn’t want to deal with the liability.
We went on and on about how mtb benefits the community. Gave bentonville and kingdom trails as examples etc. Waste of time.

Yep
He said mtb was too dangerous and didn’t want to deal with the liability.
We went on and on about how mtb benefits the community. Gave bentonville and kingdom trails as examples etc. Waste of time.
Rockland told us one of their primary concerns was if they open it up in one parcel then everything in Rockland is essentially carte blanche for mtb, and apparently they really do not want bikes in Kakiat.

It's all very frustrating and counter productive. The reality is the dude in Mills was riding unsanctioned trails, the whole park is unsanctioned for MTB and Essex Co turning a blind eye to the dangerous trails and the fact that people will ride there regardless really makes them at fault for that death in my mind.

It's all very frustrating and counter productive. The reality is the dude in Mills was riding unsanctioned trails, the whole park is unsanctioned for MTB and Essex Co turning a blind eye to the dangerous trails and the fact that people will ride there regardless really makes them at fault for that death in my mind.
bikers get hit on county roads all of the time, but it's still legal ride your bike. Kids don't get hurt on county built playgrounds?

bikers get hit on county roads all of the time, but it's still legal ride your bike. Kids don't get hurt on county built playgrounds?
Playgrounds are built by insured contractors not passionate volunteers... at least thats what they say

Antler Creek Bridge at Blauvelt finally started to see some work today. The A team and winches were out in force moving VW Bug sized rocks in place for treads and footings for the future bridge. Gibby got wiped out from watching us work.
20210410_130116.jpg
20210410_131530.jpg

Trailbuilders with hard hats. Really!! I wonder on how many white collar hours were spent coming up with that.

Trailbuilders with hard hats. Really!! I wonder on how many white collar hours were spent coming up with that.
Our organization is entirely volunteer, we make our own rules and protocol for the most part. If the sledgehammers are out breaking rock for crush, eye protection is a must and hard hats strongly recommended. Never hurts to be careful but I cant say I ever use a hard hat outside of doing rock work like this.

I came off that bridge and got impaled on a pungie stick. Glad to see it go

Our organization is entirely volunteer, we make our own rules and protocol for the most part. If the sledgehammers are out breaking rock for crush, eye protection is a must and hard hats strongly recommended. Never hurts to be careful but I cant say I ever use a hard hat outside of doing rock work like this.
10-4. Just got a little chuckle Times change.

Back