ORDA Funding

If you're really that bent out of shape, return a few bottles for the nickel deposit.
And if Resolution #505 passes folks won’t pay the Town of Johnsburg to park there.
"Additionally, Johnsburg shall not at any time impose any charge for parking to users of the Ski Bowl property during periods of operation by the Olympic Authority”.
Doesn’t say if ORDA will collect a parking fee though, so there’s that.

Last edited:
The total NYS budget for 2024 is $229 billion (source)
ORDAs budget is $105 million (cited earlier).
A single filer making $100,000 per year, with no deductions pays about $5,200 in NY State taxes.
Since ORDA's budget is 0.046% of the overall budget, that strawman is paying $2.39 toward ORDA.
If you're really that bent out of shape, return a few bottles for the nickel deposit.
Right! Let's give business men close to a billion dollars and have them not be able to tell us where it went.

The total NYS budget for 2024 is $229 billion (source)
ORDAs budget is $105 million (cited earlier).
A single filer making $100,000 per year, with no deductions pays about $5,200 in NY State taxes.
Since ORDA's budget is 0.046% of the overall budget, that strawman is paying $2.39 toward ORDA.
If you are a small business owner, competing with it can be frustrating.

If yer a NYS ski business paying NYS taxes (property, income, sales) it moist definitely should be.
No doubt
Just imagine if every ski are did not have to worry about making money. Didn't have to be concerned with holding people accountable. Didn't have to worry about explaining where millions of dollars were spent. Wouldn't that be cool?

No doubt
Just imagine if every ski are did not have to worry about making money. Didn't have to be concerned with holding people accountable. Didn't have to worry about explaining where millions of dollars were spent. Wouldn't that be cool?
That is literally the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the orda model...:unsure:

Really interesting article, as someone who prides myself on financial efficiency but also someone who wants to see Gore, North Creek and the rest of the Adirondacks thrive I am conflicted. My biggest worry is that one day a different administration comes into Albany and cuts off ORDA and starts a giant downward spiral.

Back