NYSB Boot Fitter Directory Page Thread

As for Killington, I like Hal at Northern Ski Works and the experience I had at Basin Sports, but, I forgot the name of the guy who made my present footbed there. They all seemed to be quite competent.
If you had to pick one?

If you are in the Mad River Vally, Steve and Joe are really good at Alpine options. You need to make an appointment though (even pre covid)

I've been pleased with Dave Cardillo and his staff at the Foot Performance Center in Rochester:
3385 Brighton-Henrietta Townline Road
Rochester, NY 14623
585-473-5950
I've had them plane/cant soles and fit footbeds all of which helped greatly.

For basic boot purchases from a person who will take the time to fit a boot right, Tom Haney at the Henrietta Ski Company location is a good guy!

For NJ (and anybody in NYC with a car), Greg Pier at the Ski Barn in Wayne is top notch. I have a lot feet issues from running and he really came through. Super knowledgeable and patient over a couple of visits.

I'll add it. I had a binding mount there, I thought those guys were excellent.

Reactions: MTV
@Robert what about the Mohawk Valley?

My vote for the Hudson Valley is Ski Haus in Brewster

For NJ (and anybody in NYC with a car), Greg Pier at the Ski Barn in Wayne is top notch. I have a lot feet issues from running and he really came through. Super knowledgeable and patient over a couple of visits.

I can vouch for Greg. I used his service when Heino's was still open. I have a Morton's neuroma and jacked feet from running. He made custom foot beds that allowed me to painlessly ski 8 hr days. The boots he recommended always fit, flexed & performed well.

Last edited:
Back