NYS Resident Discount at ORDA Mountains

Are you referring to the program for 3rd and 4th graders?

Regardless, accompanying the dramatic rise in day ticket prices, is the nearly full elimination of all kinds of discounts.

At least from what I've seen.

The cost of running a ski area hasn't dropped. Quite the opposite. ($40,000 gondola cars!) If you are paying less per ski day for your ticket, expect other costs to rise.

Why the heck isn’t there one?

It doesn’t seem right that as taxpayers we’ve paid $550 million plus in recent years and pay the same prices for passes and lift tickets as non-residents… Anybody know anybody in the state legislature?

Even 10% off my season pass would be plenty enough to make me happy.

Thoughts?

I would settle for hot water. Did you know they took the hot water handle off the base lodge @ Bellyare bc people were taking hot water without paying for it ?

$550 million and no hot water for you!

i used to get a nice ski discount because I was an employee of NYS. That went away with Covid. Based on the cars lined up on the gore access road, i assumed they were giving something away.

Are you referring to the program for 3rd and 4th graders?
I know the iSkiNY passport for 3rd and 4th graders is still running; got my youngest on it now as a third grader and his brother had it the last two seasons. Great deal still but the number of mountains participating seems to have dropped off dramatically this season.

Another one to know about is the VT 5th grade passport which looks like it’s accepted everywhere including the V*il properties. Killer deal at $41 for two days anywhere non-holiday without any residency requirements.

Back