NYS Resident Discount at ORDA Mountains

Do you collect a paycheck here, or do you mean paying property/school taxes?
If your company is based out of NY then you pay NYS income tax, even if you live in a different state, and even if you primarily work remote.

I did not know about the Rutger's tuition matching program, though not having Binghamton and Stoneybrook on there is a real bummer.

Sales tax is the second-highest component of tax revenue in NY (higher than corporate and property taxes combined). You certainly don't have to live in NY to pay that.
Why can’t ya just go live in a tax payer subsidized converted office building in Manhattan?

If your company is based out of NY then you pay NYS income tax, even if you live in a different state, and even if you primarily work remote.
I hear you. I grew up in WA (no income tax) and went to school for a couple of years in OR (no sales tax). There are definitely people who get the shaft both directions with their live/work situation.

When I worked for the circus, I had a w-2 from every state we played. Lots of fun at tax time.

Last edited:
No tents for me, just hockey and basketball arenas while I was with Ringling.
I remember a coupla things about when we were kids & the outdoor circus came to a big tent set up in the skool yard. We lived across a dead end street from the skool.
The lady on the trapeze missed a catch when she was swingin & the elephant poo was epic. It was quite a shitshow.

Last edited:
What happened to the ski NY day from SANY?
Did I miss it?
T'was such a deal, if only for one day...

Back