NYS Resident Discount at ORDA Mountains

westcoastben

Why the heck isn’t there one?

It doesn’t seem right that as taxpayers we’ve paid $550 million plus in recent years and pay the same prices for passes and lift tickets as non-residents… Anybody know anybody in the state legislature?

Even 10% off my season pass would be plenty enough to make me happy.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Throw a bone to the other non-ORDA run bumps too,
ORDA’s are only in the NYS Hudson River watershed.
A lot of bumps in The UpState get more natural snow than ORDA’s.
Some NY state parks have sledding🛷 & cross country⛷️ but none have even a surface lift.

Last edited:
I know Cannon has special rates for NH residents. Seems as though NY should too, although at 70+ tickets are cheap.

Why the heck isn’t there one?

Maybe the goal is to encourage people to come to NY from out of state?
Maybe people would start getting fake license plates like they do in VT?
Maybe they hear people talking about how NY doesn't make any money on skiing?
Maybe they haven't thought of it?

I have no idea.

ORDA's mission includes developing tourism. Penalizing out-of-staters is no way to do that. Lie most things in life, a generous attitude towards everyone usually produces the best results.

What would be an improvement is preferred parking for senior season passholders. Seniors shouldn't have to wait for a shuttle or walk past all those empty handicap spots just to ski for a couple of hours.

mm

ORDA's mission includes developing tourism.
I (and everyone in the Deli & Meat Store of the North) definitely still consider myself a tourist, even though my drive might be a little shorter than some others. Maybe I should look at it as the prices are already low in comparison to other similarly sized mountains, though. Just asking.

Perhaps they would more than make up for the potential loss in revenue by keeping more of us from driving to VT.

Last edited:
ORDA's mission includes developing tourism. Penalizing out-of-staters is no way to do that. Lie most things in life, a generous attitude towards everyone usually produces the best results.

What would be an improvement is preferred parking for senior season passholders. Seniors shouldn't have to wait for a shuttle or walk past all those empty handicap spots just to ski for a couple of hours.

mm
Me me me

I think seniors (me!) should get free back massages.

Come on Milo, if you can ski you can walk from Lot Z right?

I agree with you on the tourism thing.

SKI3 is a relatively good deal IMO.

Back