NY Ski Area Closing Dates 2021

How many people ski on a day in April at Gore?

You wouldn't even need to maintain the trails of you put a zipline down Wood In and another down Cloud Out. That would be awesome.

mm

You wouldn't even need to maintain the trails of you put a zipline down Wood In and another down Cloud Out. That would be awesome.

mm
That's totally impractical.

And to your earlier point, no one downloads in the east in the spring. The only exceptions are in bad winters where resorts are desperate to hit their target dates and even then it's rare. There's a reason Killington uses Superstar as the late season trail rather than downloading from North Ridge like they do early season. Even early season, only Killington and Sunday River regularly download. The only times anyone else does it is to once again meet their target date if there's no other way.

Belleayre removed all ticket availability after this weekend, so that may be a signal that Sunday is their last day. Gore and Whiteface are not backing down... for now.
I was there today. Frankly I can’t believe they’re still open. Props to them for letting skiers figure it out, but each run was like a jigsaw puzzle, and there were a few sections where you had to take your skis off.

I’ve been tracking closed areas across the Northeast here:

The main purpose of that doc is to track season passes, but there’s also a column where I track who’s closed.

Daily operators left in NY are Greek Peak, Bristol, Whiteface, West, Hunter, Gore, Windham. Song, Royal, Thunder Ridge, Titus. Everyone else has called it. That was as of Monday. Most I imagine will call it Sunday.

The storm totals are not looking so good. From GP's email today:

Spring hours for the remainder of the
season are as follows:

Monday-Friday: 9:30am-5pm
Saturday-Sunday: 8:30am-5pm. (Easter Weekend)
The schedule past 4/4 will be posted later this week.
Subject to change without notice.

Of course, I took Friday off to ski. I was so looking forward to another round of snow and one more really good day!

Back