Market Philosophy

Not changing my strategy after 35 years.

As much as this thread and topic interest me, I guess I should stay out of it. DCA buy and hold forever is admittedly pretty boring.

I am secretly rooting for yesterday to be a bottom, as our "company match" went in at the end of the day yesterday. :LOL:

Not changing my strategy after 35 years.

As much as this thread and topic interest me, I guess I should stay out of it. DCA buy and hold forever is admittedly pretty boring.

I am secretly rooting for yesterday to be a bottom, as our "company match" went in at the end of the day yesterday. :LOL:
Don’t look at the market right now

EDIT: wow, it actually recovered quite a bit… good. I bought some when it was lower.

I just looked, it was about flat.

I was kidding about that ^^ I don't look very often. That's why I added the :LOL: .

Assume the Ukraine hit it hard in the am? How far was it down? I wonder what encouraged the "recovery?"

I was kidding about that ^^ I don't look very often. That's why I added the :LOL: .

Assume the Ukraine hit it hard in the am? How far was it down? I wonder what encouraged the "recovery?"
It was down around 800. Good rally back.

Nice recovery today.

I've learned to root for the occasional correction they really do create profitable buying opportunities.

Has Vegas made any book on the outcome?

Any thoughts on stopping 401k/IRA payroll contributions while the market slides downhill, not touching balance of account, and using that money towards paying down mortage as a better use of funds.

I'm against that.

My philosophy is never stop buying stock, especially when the market is down. Most of the money I have in my 401k came from buying stock when the price was low. (After 9/11 and 2008).

Ideally if you knew when the top was that would be the time to do it. But you'll never know that.

Can you do something 50/50 keep buying stock and add a little something to your mortgage payments? Adding a little to your payments can have a big effect over the life of a long loan.

Back