Market Philosophy

Not tongue in cheek: what happened was the market went down. Sometimes it goes up. I believe overtime it will go up more than down, so I stick to my plan.

To drive against impulse selling I have a written investment plan clause saying I won't change my plan without thinking about it for 6 months.

Not tongue in cheek: what happened was the market went down. Sometimes it goes up. I believe overtime it will go up more than down, so I stick to my plan.

To drive against impulse selling I have a written investment plan clause saying I won't change my plan without thinking about it for 6 months.

I was only trying to figure it out, out of curiosity. I'd never make a move, ever really.

Sorry - I didn't address it the first time. I don't know for sure - I think the combination of Omicron peaking US; Ukraine; expectation of fed interest rates; somewhat unexpected hiring slowing.

One note about how fickle the market is: after the headlines came out, the market ended up going up for the day. Total Market was up 0.51%.

Also, keep in mind, what has the market gone up the last two years, 20+% two years in a row? It is going to have to correct at some point. It might be tomorrow (S&P entered correction territory when it was down), it might be 3 years from now.

One note about how fickle the market is: after the headlines came out, the market ended up going up for the day. Total Market was up 0.51%.

I wasn't trying to figure out why it dropped 1000 (that made total sense to me), but why it bounced back.

I wasn't trying to figure out why it dropped 1000 (that made total sense to me), but why it bounced back.
Oh, that I don't know. My guess is that it has dropped like 8% in the past few days. I don't know why it went up or why it went down! : )

Reactions: MC2
Always buying.

Right…. But you can always buy more.
I can't buy more and be consistent with my own personal investment philosophy.

Back