In Memory Of...

Met an IrishAmerican from Port Jeff LI as a freshman at Potsdam State.
We later became dorm roommates my sophomore year.
He had a hotrod red chrome wheeled Chevelle SS with an 8 track that cranked.
It was nice to go touring listening to Blue Sky under blue skies in the area...
The Long Lake speed trap used to get him coming & going from & to home in LI.

RIP DIckey Betts.

Last edited:
Saw the Allmans a few times around this era. The best was '81 at the Philly Spectrum and hanging around the bus and meeting them after the show. We were waiting around for a passenger friend of a friend who apparently had a little brush with law over some little printed paper tabs. The exit door opens, revealing flowing long blonde hair and a fur coat. It was *just* a gorgeous girlfriend of the band, Gregg came out right behind her in an Eagles jersey! The band was very cordial and shot the shit for a few minutes wishing the birds good luck before boarding the bus.

Edit: Though I never saw ABB there this was one of my favorite venues back in the day seeing Jerry Garcia Band, Bob Wier bands (Kingfish, Bobby and the Midnights) and Hot Tuna that I can think of

Last edited:
This comes from a ski instructor at Jackson Hole who is a Ski Diva, and has become a friend. Very sad incident that resulted in the death of a very experienced ski instructor and amazing character on closing day at JH. Peter Wuerslin grew up in the Finger Lakes and headed west in the 1970s.

April 23, 2024

This comes from a ski instructor at Jackson Hole who is a Ski Diva, and has become a friend. Very sad incident that resulted in the death of a very experienced ski instructor and amazing character on closing day at JH. Peter Wuerslin grew up in the Finger Lakes and headed west in the 1970s.

April 23, 2024
Pete’s dad Sig started the Skaneateles Ski Club.
RIP.

Back