ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

That's an obtuse and as yet unsupported scientific theory which in any case does not contradict the current consensus about anthropomorphic climate change. Nevertheless it will be picked up by professional science deniers to undermine efforts to stabilize the climate. Politicization of the climate issue will prevent that theory from ever being researched objectively. OTOH James Hansen created a climate model 40 years ago that predicted the current climate we live in and that should provide an adequate basis to control carbon, regardless of the merits of other theories.

mm
Side note (dangers of morning coffee). I love the word anthropomorphic - it always brings me back to my earliest recollection of the word - a teacher or a book talking about the jackal-headed 'human' body statues and such in ancient Egypt, etc.

I think the word I was going for was anthropogenic. Thanks for bringing that up.

mm
Oh that is funny I was not trying to be passive aggressive - I didn’t even make the connection that it was the wrong usage (people imaging vs people generating) until you replied.

I just meant it actually triggered the memory in me of a teacher talking about people asserting themselves on the gods (which would be anthropomorphic).

I try to troll just blathering that it was not my intent to be trolly.

If you saw the list of my mistakes you would need lots of time to read it. Just ask my wife and kids.

Getting @DomB to redo defensively by passive aggressively accusing him of passive aggression was my best troll ever.

mm
Chew on that.

I will say if you stop and think when people say, it is only semantics, it is almost comical.

Semantics means meaning (syntax means form). So if you say, they are arguing over semantics, well semantics can be pretty important.

Enjoy that nugget injected into the internet.

these interwebz provide some fine edumication

Back