ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

My car loses driver assist and cruise control more often than not when there is any sort of weather... Annoying
This was fine in rain, light snow, and mixed. I think it was a matter of the non camera sensors getting covered, so heavy snow, freezing rain would likely be a problem. Don't know about the freezing rain, just guessing.

It sounds like while I have been saying most cars have driver assist functions, the Rivian's are pretty advanced. Highway driving is hands free up to 85 mph (if mapped but I have not been on any interestates where it is not available). In the cold, regen was limited, so when it was braking I had to pay attention as a handful of times i had to step on the brake (that will make more sense when you drive it to feel what I mean).

My number 2 'bug' is that there is no basic cruise control, which would work without sensors. There is basic cruise control when towing (probably because Rivian knows no hard core truck folks would buy without that, and some will buy it with it).

OK, things are getting real. Following Tesla's announcement that it will open 20% of high speed chargers, a Rivian has charged off an open Tesla supercharger.

So, can we take over unders on when range anxiety will go down : )

I can tell you from practical experience, it was after the first time I high speed charged more than 100 miles from home.

I saw don't know if 100% true, the Lightning isn't selling...
then again the car industry is a bit of down turn

I saw don't know if 100% true, the Lightning isn't selling...
then again the car industry is a bit of down turn
New lightning is selling. You can no longer flip for a profit. I made a res like 3 years ago and just got called on it a few weeks ago. I passed it was a back up if the rivian didn’t happen. A friend has the lightening. It is a work truck and a trucker s truck much more than a rivian.

They do have stop shipment because of a recent battery issue. Apparently ford has the most recalls of the mfgs- camp can confirm.

They do have stop shipment because of a recent battery issue. Apparently ford has the most recalls of the mfgs- camp can confirm.
I read that amount of money spent on recalls is in the billions... Yep the battery has major issues, ya think they would have done some testing in the arctic or but the damn truck in big freezer...

I read that amount of money spent on recalls is in the billions... Yep the battery has major issues, ya think they would have done some testing in the arctic or but the damn truck in big freezer...
I am not knocking the big guys. We need them if we are going to go electric or even hybrid. But ford made a choice to basically design around the standard platform. I have no idea if a clean sheet approach would have been better.
That is one of the advantages that Tesla and rivian have. Of course the big guys have lots of other advantages like supply chain and volume.

Back