ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

And how long did it take? It looked like 50 miles per hour?
Incorrect sir. It slows over time. Pulled around 140 in 15 min on a 350 kw charger (206 kw) However it slowed by a third at some point around 67 percent. This may be a rivian issue but it also means you are going 10-70 percent (170-200 miles ) in 30 min.

This is the first time I charged on 350 kw.

Again I stopped the charge it was like 20-97 percent in 51 min. We were still eating after i stopped it.

There will be charging stations popping up everywhere. I started last Monday, taking a class online and in the classroom to be certified and eligible to bid and perform the work for government granted charging stations.
One of the stipulations, charger stations have to be within 5 miles of interstate Highway. Eventual goal is to have a charging station for every ten miles of major highway space.
Very intense class with all kinds of abbreviations, to remember. Wireless chargers that you just pull your just park over, will be pretty handy
when perfected.
Please put one by Kingston. It is the only place a level 3 is still needed in ny state. I don’t say that lightly. I have needed out on this.

For the 2021 RAV4 Prime SE, which only has a max of about 42 miles EV in the NC winter, what's become obvious is that for over night charging on household current, not much is happening during the last 4 hours out of 10-11 hours. Since my daughter's commute is about 15 miles 1-way, that means if she doesn't start charging until 11pm, she still isn't going to need to use HV mode the next work day.

For the 2022 RAV4 Prime XSE, the onboard charger is more powerful. If charging with Level 2 in the garage, pretty much slows down to a crawl after 1.5 hours. Takes about 2.5 hours for a full charge. For a PHEV, don't get all the details during charging as are provided for an EV. In general, the charging software won't allow someone to charge up to 100%. Nor will the software allow the traction battery go below about 20%. If driving in HV mode, easy to see when the traction battery is being charged by the gas engine or regen braking.

Incorrect sir. It slows over time. Pulled around 140 in 15 min on a 350 kw charger (206 kw) However it slowed by a third at some point around 67 percent. This may be a rivian issue but it also means you are going 10-70 percent (170-200 miles ) in 30 min.

This is the first time I charged on 350 kw.

Again I stopped the charge it was like 20-97 percent in 51 min. We were still eating after i stopped it.
500 miles per hour I’m beginning probably lasts 20 min

Attachments

• B0056B96-C5E1-49C6-9BFA-7C0F1C15E2D0.png
    B0056B96-C5E1-49C6-9BFA-7C0F1C15E2D0.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 42
I could not get her to skid in snow mode with snow tires. In a controlled environment in safe manner. Photo is illustrative of icing conditions.

Attachments

• EABC597A-506B-49A9-A9C5-BEDE44A9900A.jpeg
    EABC597A-506B-49A9-A9C5-BEDE44A9900A.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 39
I could not get her to skid in snow mode with snow tires. In a controlled environment in safe manner. Photo is illustrative of icing conditions.

You have control over the North Creek Tops parking lot ??

Good, fair video covering the basic field of high speed chargers. Pretty interesting. I am personally happy that NY built its own charging network (still building some locations). NY seems to be under promising and over delivering, as my vehicle is pulling more than the rated energy from the stations. That is physically impossible, so it is likely they have a higher rating than they are stating.

Just charged to 100 percent and range meter says 305 miles with the snows. We are heading out east for some year round drive on fishing beaches. So this week I will have come within 150 miles of taking this thing from the northeast border to southeastern most border of the Empire State. And yes, Jason there are functioning high speed chargers out East including two evolve Ny stations one in riverhead and one in east Hampton.

Update. Coming back from Clifton Park I. The mixed weather, 180 miles, the car was yielding 257 miles of range in conserve in comfort. The guessometer said we would get home with 79 miles and we got home with 77, so pretty good. This was in moderate to heavy snow, mixed precipitation and rain for the last 60 miles. Those things reduce efficiency as they increase (rolling resistance I think) between tire and pavement.

One interesting thing - only in the heavier snow, I lost driver assist and ‘self driving’ function when some of the sensors were covered in snow. Only lasted for 15 minutes but in a heavy snow storm heading north I would not have those functions. I had heard about this but it is different dealing with it. It was fine like driving an older car wo the fancy self driving but they really need plain cruise control.

You are welcome for the beta testing and I still live this thing.

My car loses driver assist and cruise control more often than not when there is any sort of weather... Annoying

Back