ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

just put first set of brakes on CX5..50k miles so not bad..at a independent shop it cost 900$ insane

With previous vehicles he was pretty adept at cutting the rotors when I got it to him on time. I know that is frowned on by a lot of guys nowadays but he’s pretty good at it. First set of brakes on the Impreza though so I don’t know if he’ll be able to this time
As long as there in spec it will be fine. Issue being that if you have a hard stop (panic stop) most likely the rotors will warp resulting in a brake pulsation. The thinner the rotor the quicker they heat up creating hot spots that will warp them.
Even new rotors are basically junk these days, the recycled steel they use to make them is far from grade A.

The times they are a-changin’.
I couldn't open this article but I just read this one. Similar?
For sure times in the auto industry are changing. I've been in this super competitive, crazy ass biz for years, and I've never seen anything remotely like this.

The Toyota dealer in central NY that sold us the two RAV4 Primes (Nov 2020, Aug 2022) can no longer sell PHEVs to out-of-state customers. We were "grandfathered" because we were a recent customer. The policy change date is coming up soon this fall.

Back