ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

also means that work Lease is just a fancy way of saying Rental.. Not that it not, at least you had the option to purchase at the end..
I'm not sure what it means. It's somewhat a mute point because EV's have shitty residuals therefore making them a shitty lease candidate. Ford claims it's because they want to control the recycling of the batteries. I call foul, I say it's because the EV's are worth far more than their residual and they want that $$$$.

This is not surprising to me at all. I am also skeptical of the idea that we don’t need a hugely improved grid and a lot more (and cheaper) electricity generation for EVs to work on a societal level. Not to mention better electric versions of everything else that burns oil (container ships for instance). And nobody has come up with a sufficient answer to the pollution questions either. Just happy talk- which is crazy considering how far down the road we are on this.

This is not surprising to me at all. I am also skeptical of the idea that we don’t need a hugely improved grid and a lot more (and cheaper) electricity generation for EVs to work on a societal level. Not to mention better electric versions of everything else that burns oil (container ships for instance). And nobody has come up with a sufficient answer to the pollution questions either. Just happy talk- which is crazy considering how far down the road we are on this.
The answer is Small Modular Reactors. Unfortunately, we might not be smart enough to recognize it.You could install these things in old coal plants and pretty much be good to go.

The answer is Small Modular Reactors. Unfortunately, we might not be smart enough to recognize it.You could install these things in old coal plants and pretty much be good to go.
Another answer is hydrogen fuel cells. One of the leading companies in the technology is Headquartered in Latham, NY near Albany.
Plug Power

Back