ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

An EV motorcycle? The LiveWire from Harley-Davidson.

August 2021
Rip and Camp have posted about e motorcycles, I think. I cannot imagine how ridiculously fast they may be, as a 7,000 pound SUV can go to 60 in about 3 seconds . . . .

This is interesting: even though the Taycan's HWY rating is 240 mi, Tom Mulvaney, who tests EVs at 70mph, got 298 in that test.

Porsche and Tesla seemed to have taken different approaches - Porsche under promieses and over delivers; Tesla over promises on range.

This is interesting: even though the Taycan's HWY rating is 240 mi, Tom Mulvaney, who tests EVs at 70mph, got 298 in that test.

Porsche and Tesla seemed to have taken different approaches - Porsche under promieses and over delivers; Tesla over promises on range.

This is one of the cool thing about EVs - after you buy them, they should continue to get better. An over the air update from Rivian is (apparently) approving both the fast charging curve and charging in the cold.

The screenshot is from someone with the screenname Iwantatesla (funny since he got one of the first nonemployee trucks that I know of). That is the person I ran into in a Target parking lot, which is pretty fun (he is a very nice guy).

When (I don't think it is "if") Ev's are viable for air travel, that will help a lot with emissions.

I remember when I lived in Brooklyn, drove maybe 1,000 miles a year, took mass transit or walked, and had one trip to Poland for a family on a C02 calculator - I had the same footprint as the average American, which not to be cute is pretty bad.

Back