HVAC: What's best for cold climates?

I have an app on my phone that controls my HVAC. I didn’t go to engineering school to chop wood like some kind of barbarian.

mm
My neighbor put in an outdoor COAL boiler and tried to burn green wood! It turned into a war .

Long story short the DEP shut him down.

If you have the time to feed the boiler constantly I guess they’re ok .

Do wood boilers still pollute as much and smell like burning shit?
HW radiant is the bomb, not sure what the most efficient and accessible fuel source is for you. I have oil so I feel like I might as well be burning dollar bills…

Do wood boilers still pollute as much and smell like burning shit?
HW radiant is the bomb, not sure what the most efficient and accessible fuel source is for you. I have oil so I feel like I might as well be burning dollar bills…

Not as bad since phase 2 requirement.

Although every one I see seems smoky. And now that the regulations are rolled back who knows?

My neighbor put in an outdoor COAL boiler and tried to burn green wood! It turned into a war .

Long story short the DEP shut him down.

If you have the time to feed the boiler constantly I guess they’re ok .
My neighbor switched to coal and it smells fucking terrible.

We've been told similar things before
Stop killing whales for lantern oil. Stop smoking in public when you‘re pregnant. Put your seat belt on... How dare they!

I'm guessing tile floors are the best for this.

Anyone using it with wood floors?

Labor intensive but works nicely. I did one with Bamboo flooring overtop and it’s working well.

It was done under duress as my friend insisted on it vs tubing between the floor . You always should insulate below!

I'm guessing tile floors are the best for this.

Anyone using it with wood floors?
Tile floors feel warmer. It can be done with wood floors. Concrete slabs are the best and most even heat sink.

Back