Hunter Conditions

It felt like winter this morning. Dust on crust.

Attachments

• 2A35585E-AFED-4D2C-997B-72AC460A86FC.jpeg
    2A35585E-AFED-4D2C-997B-72AC460A86FC.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 75
What are people thinking Sunday's conditions will be like after Saturday's warm thunderstorms... worth going?
morning blowing a gale, afternoon might be nice

Hunter can put in all the lifts they want, but it won't matter unless they run the Zephyr more frequently and actually blow snow on the West side.

I agree that the West Side is totally underutilized , needs snow and at least a half groom on Clairs, but this is good news, if you feel like a few quick runs down Eisenhower or Gun Hill and this should alleviate some of the backups at the base, I hope they make sure that Gun Hill gets snow as it was left fallow for some of last season

but this is good news,
Yes, there are some positives and if it's faster than the quad, getting to the top via F chair will be better too. The problem is this increase in uphill capacity will fill the trails even more, while Hunter West is ignored.

in my experience both Gun Hill and Eisenhower aren't filled, which of course is a good thing if you know how to access them many of the weekenders have trouble finding them, I would love to know why none of the last three owners haven't touched the West Side, is it too costly get water there for snowmaking, the lift is still good even though it is a little antiquated for 2023, West Way is a complete waste.

I would love to know why none of the last three owners haven't touched the West Side, is it too costly get water there for snowmaking, the lift is still good even though it is a little antiquated for 2023, West Way is a complete waste.

I don't know the reason. But, IMO, the fact that all three owners didn't prioritize West means there probably was a good reason.

in my experience both Gun Hill and Eisenhower aren't filled, which of course is a good thing if you know how to access them many of the weekenders have trouble finding them, I would love to know why none of the last three owners haven't touched the West Side, is it too costly get water there for snowmaking, the lift is still good even though it is a little antiquated for 2023, West Way is a complete waste.
the alignment of the new lift is gonna be adjusted to make eisenhower and gun hill easier to find. hopefully that means more snow more consistently on gun hill

Back