Hell is Other People

Much as I like it, I'm done with road riding. Been hit by a car. Been nearly hit by a school bus. Some a$$hole forced me off the road so he could ask for directions. That's just some of it. Done.
Bicyclists vs. Car never ends well for the cyclist. It’s more scary than ever with cell phones and distracted drivers. I was bumped from behind in my car twice in October.

2F716553-3044-4F1E-9CB6-A02BE0725AAA.jpeg

Over Christmas week in LP one year. a master blaster doing an informal time trial at Mt van Ho nearly ran in to my niece, who is not a beginning skier but not quite intermediate. In the lodge, I gave her a piece of my mind, and she was like, "we were racing."

A year before, this same person pushed me into a ditch in an actual, official race at Dewey Mt.

Over Christmas week in LP one year. a master blaster doing an informal time trial at Mt van Ho nearly ran in to my niece, who is not a beginning skier but not quite intermediate. In the lodge, I gave her a piece of my mind, and she was like, "we were racing."

A year before, this same person pushed me into a ditch in an actual, official race at Dewey Mt.
Was she related to Tonya Harding?

LOLZ... woman around my age, taking it way too seriously. Like she was fighting for gold in the Olympics. She pushed me off the trail into a ditch ~ 18 inches deep.
Beotsch

It won’t help you when your getting creamed by a big truck going 50+. But seriously, road riding is insanely scary to me. It’s so much more dangerous than skiing or mountain biking imo.
I almost got hit by a Jeep in town. I think it was some kind of rage thing because I was actually biking (far to the right) on a fairly heavily trafficked road.

A police officer happened to be driving by and an older woman flagged him down. He basically see because he didn't see it, he couldn't do anything. When I pointed that is not the case for felonies (like reckless driving), I realized it was better to head home for my conference call. : )

I almost got hit by a Jeep in town. I think it was some kind of rage thing because I was actually biking (far to the right) on a fairly heavily trafficked road.

A police officer happened to be driving by and an older woman flagged him down. He basically see because he didn't see it, he couldn't do anything. When I pointed that is not the case for felonies (like reckless driving), I realized it was better to head home for my conference call. : )
A motorized vehicle is one heck of a killing machine.

Thank god it was a bluff charge.

Back