Greek Peak Conditions

Picked up my pass on Friday also. It'll definitely be different this year at GP, but it will also at all ski areas. Scuttle says reservations may be available Tuesdays for the following 10 days. Maybe (hopefully) I'll see you and Camp out there this year WP!

Picked up my pass on Friday also. It'll definitely be different this year at GP, but it will also at all ski areas. Scuttle says reservations may be available Tuesdays for the following 10 days. Maybe (hopefully) I'll see you and Camp out there this year WP!
I was kind of guessing we would be able to make reservations starting this week. I plan on getting all my necessary adulting done next weekend, so I can ski. :) If you see someone with a red helmet, and absolutely nothing matches, skiing fairly slowly, that's probably me. :)

The reservation thing might keep me from skiing this year. My ski days are total spur of the moment, as in I wake up and decide to go skiing. I'd hate to make a reservation and not go, keeping someone away from the hill that really wants to go would bother me.
It's odd GP is keeping their protocol so close to the chest. Every other ski area has made their plan public now for weeks, if not months.

It's supposed to be able to make a reservation at the ticket window, the new outside windows should be a help, in case you don't make an online reservation before leaving the casa. That said, reservations during the week (non-holiday) shouldn't be a problem when considering the calculation of percentage full attendance. Anyway, the reservation is inconvenient, but I'll be happy to be able to ski this season.
WP - I usually wear a green helmet and red jacket. I ski with a couple other geezers (maybe not members of the official geezers, but in spirit).

Word around the campfire is guns are to be firing up this weekend.
I sure hope so! I let them know last night that the links to their webcams are down. Watching the webcams makes me very happy during the week, when I can't ski. And, it's all about me, of course. ;)

Wow! Making snow on TROJAN already!!

We look forward to seeing you on the slopes for the 2020-21 snowsports season. We anticipate that snowmaking will begin in the early hours of Sunday (12-6-20) on Elysian Fields, Stoic, Karyatis Way, Meadows, Platonic, Alpha, Lower Pollux, Trojan and possible Odyssey. If Mother Nature cooperates during this weather pattern we anticipate that our tentative opening day will be Saturday, December 12th. We have made many changes this season to adapt to the NY State Covid-19 mandates for ski resorts. An informational video was posted this morning (12/5) on the Greek Peak Facebook page where GP President Wes Kryger explains many of the changes. Watch for opening day announcements of the Greek Peak Mountain Resort Facebook page as well as information regarding when reservations can start being made online.

I watched the video and was quite pleased to learn that we won't have to be masked while actually skiing. I was a bit worried about that one.

Cornell's Wellness Program has been offering ski prep fitness class, which I have been doing. Despite jogging and yoga, this class is kicking my butt. Maybe I will be in better shape on opening weekend. :)

WP

Back