Greek Peak Conditions

Why don't you guys come up for this? Hopefully this weather holds, it's been down right beautiful out. The colors are still hanging in there but will be gone soon with how dry it's been.

Why don't you guys come up for this? Hopefully this weather holds, it's been down right beautiful out. The colors are still hanging in there but will be gone soon with how dry it's been.
thought crossed my mind... we were up that way this past weekend in Watkins Glen, colors were fantastic!

I bet they were, Watkins Glen is a fantastic town. My wife and I enjoy staying at the Harbor Hotel over there, brewery right across the street and wineries just up the road. Good times over there.
Sure is, we've been going there (almost) every year the beginning of October for our anniversary since '05. The first year I had booked a B&B but bought a new camper the the week before so cancelled and took the pop-up up to Watkins Glen SP and have been camping there most years ever since, nice park. In the early years a there was a Westfalia club that always was there the same weekend, they came from all over the US and and Canada and were a blast to hang out with.

Usually we hike the gorge on the way out Sunday but figured the masses would be out (and they were!) so opted to ride the Catherine Valley Trail, beautiful ride (and empty?!) This was one of the best foliage years that I can remember.

To stay on topic lol, there were a few years in there the forecast wasn't great for camping and stayed at Hope Lake Lodge, makes a good base for Cayuga and Seneca wine/beer trails.

seneaca 101020.jpg

GP is hiring lift mechanic if anyone’s interested.

Discount mult buy

Flash Sale!! Buy NOW and SAVE!!! Deadline is Monday, November 2nd for special deals to get you out onto the slopes this winter at Greek Peak Mountain Resort!

Call Guest Services at 844-846-9572 by Monday at 4PM to get these special rates.

#skiandridegreekpeak #skigreek #WeAreGP #PeakPacks

Hello Skiers & Boarders!

Welcome to the 2020 – 2021 Season! We look forward to seeing you all very soon!

New this season, we have invested in 70 new HKD snow guns, to enhance our snowmaking capabilities, along with pipe replacements and new valve installations. We anticipate your on-mountain experience to be even better this season, despite COVID-19.

In the era of COVID-19 and a global pandemic we will certainly see some changes here at Greek Peak Mountain Resort in order to comply with the New York State and local Regulations. Greek Peak has had the opportunity to continue to remain open for our summer activities and successfully practice these safety protocols. Most of these protocols will be continued into our Winter Operations which we feel confident in executing moving forward.

Face coverings will be required at the resort at all times, except when eating. Physical distancing is expected and must be practiced proactively. Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures have been implemented throughout the resort and all staff members are required to complete a temperature and health check at the beginning of each shift.

Base buildings and restaurants capacities will be limited. In areas such as our rental shop, food & beverage facilities, ticket areas and Kidz World we are expanding and reinventing these areas to better service our guests safely.

To reduce congestion in the rental shop, we may convert the Sprung Structure to a second rental shop location. There will be changes in the rental operation, including that we will no longer handle customers shoes. Online rental reservation options will also help expedite the process.

As capacities in all food service areas will be limited to 50%, to accommodate Trax food service, we plan to expand into the Acropolis or “Trax 2” as we like to call it. We plan to have “Grab & Go” services available out of the Waffle Shack as well. The historic A-Frame will reopen as “Fresh Tracks” serving a variety of food and craft beers.

Kidz World services will be limited, with increased minimum age limits implemented, no full day programs offered and the ability to meet outdoors at the designated spot. We are looking at developing a Parent & Child Lesson product as well. More details to come soon.

Snow Sports will be changing with limited group lesson sizes. We plan to expand our Family Group and Friend Group Lesson products and Private Lessons are recommended.

We will also be adding two new outdoor ticket windows for purchasing tickets, pass pickup and reservation making. Outdoor portable restrooms will also be available. Due to these buildings’ restrictions and other COVID-19 best practices, we will not allow back packs, shoes and clothing to be left in the base lodges unless stored in your seasonal locker or purchased daily locker. Your vehicle will serve as your new locker room. We will have base building monitors that will control capacity and you may have to wait before being allowed to enter. All of these practices will help to lessen the indoor traffic in the reduced capacity areas.

In addition, to control capacity and ensure physical distancing throughout our base buildings as well as out on the mountain, reservations will be required by all guests to comply with New York State contact tracing rules. We may have to limit reservations early and late season, when lift and trail opening are limited, as well as peak Holiday times.

Continued operation is a shared responsibility that will require everyone to participate regardless of your stance on the restrictions required by New York State and our local authorities.

We are certain that our procedures will continue to develop and change, throughout the season, as the state and local regulations change and with changes in customer behavior and our ability to control capacities, as we have seen throughout our operations this summer.

Despite these changes and any upcoming challenges, I am excited and look forward to a successful season and I appreciate everyone’s understanding and cooperation. The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority.

Sincerely,
Wesley Kryger
President

"In addition, to control capacity and ensure physical distancing throughout our base buildings as well as out on the mountain, reservations will be required by all guests to comply with New York State contact tracing rules. We may have to limit reservations early and late season, when lift and trail opening are limited, as well as peak Holiday times."

First time I've seen mention of using reservations as a potential way to be able to do contact tracing if necessary. Guess it makes sense since normally someone who buys a day ticket is essentially anonymous, especially if they pay by cash.

Having summer experience is clearly a plus.

They truly did an amazing job this summer. I was at a handful of events there and was impressed how they were handled.

I'm pretty psyched to have a beer in the A-frame again, that building is really cool. Brings back many good memories.

any scuttlebutt on opening day?

Back