Greek Peak Conditions

According to Ski NY:

Greek Peak, Virgil: Greek Peak is pushing forward on the technology front with their implementation of an RFID ticketing system called “Go Pass” which is an RFID card that will replace a traditional pass and ticket. It features a reloadable card that will allow skiers and riders to bypass the line and head to the lift. Greek Peak has been working on construction of a new campground as well as a new upscale wedding venue too called “The Lookout at Hope Lake”. They have also improved the parking lot and added $100K of snowmaking improvements on their Poseidon Trail. Find out more at greekpeak.net.

Short of splicing hoses, not much can be done with the distance between hydrants unless
By splicing do you mean, plugging a male nozzle into a female? Because that’s all they have to do. If that was the issue, they would just attach two hoses together. Im sure they have a plan, like Camp said.

Last edited:
By splicing do you mean, plugging a male nozzle into a female? Because that’s all they have to do. If that was the issue, they would just attach two hoses together. Im sure they have a plan, like Camp said.

Yes, that was what I was referring to. I just don't know how much air/water capacity they have to do that. One of the challenges we've noticed over the past few seasons is that they tend to blow massive piles of snow and then groom them out before the moisture can dissipate. Those mounds are rarely left to drain, so the groomed mush becomes rock-solid after it freezes--sort of like when we skied the Poconos decades ago. My guess is that it is a labor issue, as nobody wants to work anymore, so they are left with a skeletal staff.

According to the snow phone, the bunny slope and Fields/Stoic will be open on Friday (tomorrow). They add Karyatis/Platonic and Odyssey on Saturday.

Does it look realistic to add terrain for the weekend? Anything new wouldn't have been rained on.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 4.31.36 PM.png

I got MAYBE one day to ski this weekend and GP is not THAT much farther from me then Belle (or really Plattekill but hey).

It looked like people were having fun. I always start slow, on the bunny slope. I am not sure there is enough snow to ski from the bunny slope to the quad, but that's a minor inconvenience. They are blowing snow again.

I just called the hotline. "Machine groomed thin cover." I haven't heard that before.

I will probably still go over and check it out. But, I am only half an hour away. I need to pick up my pass, anyhow.

gp1232021.jpg

Made it up to Greek yesterday - Friday 12/3/2021. Machine made coverage was solid on Elysian Fields/Stoic and Alpha slope. They say very little additional snowmaking is needed to open Karyatis and Odyssey. Plan on going back up on Sunday. And when you pickup your season pass/RFID card you have to pay $5 for the RFID Card.

gpb1232021.jpg

Last edited:
Back