Greek Peak Conditions

Cheers! Thanks for the tips. Does the lift line under 2 open or is it worth a rope duck? How strict is patrol?

Patrol is chill --- rope duck is up to you, obviously you'll be seen as it's right under the chair. Years ago it was open, it was closed due to liability from the towers. I've heard of people doing that on their last run of the day. :unsure:

Aesop's that's it --- that's Ronnie's Run

PXL_20210203_103157230.jpg

Dove up tonight turned around and went home. Whatever college promotion they had going was a hit!!! Lift ticket line was halfway back to patrol shack, and the rental line was almost to the lift ticket window.
Even if I braved it , all I could picture was long lift lines with constant stops. So I passed on tonight and will try again tomorrow night with my kid.

Today was a pretty fantastic day for skiing in CNY. I can't imagine having a much better day to ski Greek. Very fun terrain with ski on lifts until about 5 pm. Well worth the day trip from WNY.
Glad you enjoyed our hill.

What a nice day! I skied Iliad from 9:30 - 11:30. The first parking lot was full when I got there. I ended up in the third row of the second lot. Chair 1 was just starting when I arrived

Even though the lines got long for my last few runs, they moved quickly. Great snow and sun! As I was driving home, there was a pretty steady stream of cars coming from Dryden to GP.

Found this old trail map of Greek peak dated 1979. It's fairly accurate for the most part although its not to scale at all. What gets me is the other lift on the East side labeled VI. I know on one of their more recent maps they showed a "proposed" lift somewhat in that location. But this map makes it look like it's actually there. Anyone have any insight into this? I can't see any remnants of the trails or lift on Goggle Earth.

I"ve been skiing GP a little bit this year and the mountain is so fascinating to me. It's clearly undergone a lot of changes over the last 50 years.

Attachments

• 1446353136.jpeg
    1446353136.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 101
Back