Greek Peak Conditions

It was better than I thought it would be. I spent some time at chair 3 and got to be watch some of the adaptive program. Those people are amazing!

I left at 11:30, and it was still snowing.
Well that settled it heading up tonight instead of Elk

My theory was proven this morning. I skied one bunny slope run and then the greens from the top down. The lower part (Platonic?) was full of chunks. But if you stayed at the very right, you could avoid most of the chunks. You just had to avoid the people and be aware that the snow was pretty deep. I saw two kids removing themselves from the woods there.

Wait, what, the two inches of snow on the top of hill at 8:30 AM was scraped of by evening? How could that be possible?
Well wasn’t at the bottom or on the edges either, maybe people we’re putting it in their pockets and taking it home.

Surprised you couldn’t get over to 5 from 4 ??? Looked to me they were getting ready to groom that run last night on my 1 run and done on Trojan.

On a side note what’s up with these kids that block access to the lift every night ? They just park in front of lift line and hang out, I just plow through them anymore.

Well wasn’t at the bottom or on the edges either, maybe people we’re putting it in their pockets and taking it home.

Surprised you couldn’t get over to 5 from 4 ??? Looked to me they were getting ready to groom that run last night on my 1 run and done on Trojan.

On a side note what’s up with these kids that block access to the lift every night ? They just park in front of lift line and hang out, I just plow through them anymore.
You couldn't, I'm not sure you could get back without a shuttle ride either. Patrol had neglected to rope off, or even put a closed sign on Upper Mars, the liftie took the closed sign off the tree it was leaning against on the edge of the trail, and placed it in the middle.

Night skiing sucks, even during a "normal" season, everything is an icy scraped off mess by then. The only time I'll consider night skiing these days is if it is snowing, or has snowed during the day.

It isn't just the kids blocking the roped off lanes, lots of people seem to congregate right in front of the entrance to those lanes.

Yep, no coating of snow up top Saturday morning, just a lie to keep you from going to Elk. I never said it was a powder day, just a little cushioning on top of the rock hard groomers. It was epic!

Back