Greek Peak Conditions

Scored first tracks on the bunny slope at 9:30. :cool: It's hard to believe that the season is over, that chair 4 wasn't spinning, that the snow had a brownish tinge.

But, as the guy I was chatting with in the parking lot said, I am grateful that I could be there.

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_100703775_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220402_100703775_HDR.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 56
We made it out today, and were pleased with the conditions. While there were some people skiing/boarding, it was pretty much a ghost town. Coverage was decent given the recent weather. We didn't realize that today was closing day, so were a little disappointed that we can't get tomorrow in. We incorrectly assumed that this was the last weekend, so figured that Sunday would be the last day. A gentleman told us that Song was scheduled to be open tomorrow with $29 lift tickets, so may venture to Song for our last day of the season.

We made it out today, and were pleased with the conditions. While there were some people skiing/boarding, it was pretty much a ghost town. Coverage was decent given the recent weather. We didn't realize that today was closing day, so were a little disappointed that we can't get tomorrow in. We incorrectly assumed that this was the last weekend, so figured that Sunday would be the last day. A gentleman told us that Song was scheduled to be open tomorrow with $29 lift tickets, so may venture to Song for our last day of the season.
Song skied well today.
If they spin diamond cutter they should have enough snow there to make next weekend.
Snow should be good tomorrow..
Forecast temps are 30-40F tomorrow and cloudy.
The more people skied it the looser it got.
Get it while ya can.

Last edited:
Tonight, I made a quesadilla and only ate half. As I was putting the second half in a container, I was thinking about how great it would be for breakfast on the road to GP. Nope.

Sigh.

Song skied well today.
If they spin diamond cutter they should have enough snow there to make next weekend.
Snow should be good tomorrow..
Forecast temps are 30-40F tomorrow and cloudy.
The more people skied it the looser it got.
Get it while ya can.
Excellent! Thank you for the update. You helped us decide to hit Song tomorrow.

Somebody wrote about skiing for Harper's and Greek’s init.

... Remy is fourteen. When he was six, we lived for a year in Ithaca, New York. Every weekend I took him to train with the Greek Peak race program. His first day, it poured rain. The kids had to take breaks to wring out their jackets and pants. Greek Peak is low, at 2,100 feet. The lift operators smoked cigarettes and donned hard hats.There were recreational skiers in hunting apparel, no goggles...

Last edited:
Somebody wrote about skiing for Harper's and Greek’s init.

... Remy is fourteen. When he was six, we lived for a year in Ithaca, New York. Every weekend I took him to train with the Greek Peak race program. His first day, it poured rain. The kids had to take breaks to wring out their jackets and pants. Greek Peak is low, at 2,100 feet. The lift operators smoked cigarettes and donned hard hats.There were recreational skiers in hunting apparel, no goggles...

Well, this person seems to not like hunting gear. They must not understand it's actually made better that skiing gear. And skiing with no goggles? Who is this person? I ski in hunting gear and always wear goggles. Must be he's the skiing fashion police.

Well, this person seems to not like hunting gear. They must not understand it's actually made better that skiing gear. And skiing with no goggles? Who is this person? I ski in hunting gear and always wear goggles. Must be he's the skiing fashion police.
With the first name “Rachel”, sounds like she’s a she, not that there’s anything wrong with that.
She’s a dang writer of books and other stuff. Might give her literary license to embellish.
She may have seen Camo John too, just saying.
Goggles can be tough if it’s foggy/rainy/low light.
Maybe the lifies made snow too.
Twas a while ago, allegedly.

Last edited:
Back